Nankervis !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nankervis !!

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Toby Nankervis opting for Punt Road which is somewhat a relief since no one else except Prestia has shown any interest in playing under our esteemed leader Damian "*smile*" Hardwick.
Glad he took the punt with us.
I know we are only 3 premierships in but I think he’ll be happy with his decision.

Reactions: 2 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Why not both??

Thought Mate played as a junior so should have basic skills....and surely he would be more highly skilled than the lanky yank

Imagine in 5 years with both Sampson and Mate with MR Jnr at their feet
To be fair I only saw 10 minutes of Mate training before he went back O/S but wouldn't really have picked that he had played much footy before.
I think us drafting Samson is a sign of the long odds the club gives of the Mate experiment succeeding?

Reactions: 1 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
To be fair I only saw 10 minutes of Mate training before he went back O/S but wouldn't really have picked that he had played much footy before.
I think us drafting Samson is a sign of the long odds the club gives of the Mate experiment succeeding?
Clarke mentioned last night that Mate would take a fair whilst to develop AFL conditioning which was interesting.
Suggested that CCJ may end up a forward and was impressed with Sampson’s rapid development as both a forward and ruck role potential.
But agree with you that Sampson appears surplus to our needs or that they consider Mate a very long shot.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Love the big Nank, sometimes reading PRE I shake my head though....

Remembering mid 2019 from memory many on here had nank as tradable as Soldo was our no.1 man..

Yes he’d had some injuries but this bloke is a ripper, play as ruckman plays like midfielder..
Big man got us home against the Kochies in the Prelim last year he's a war horse.

I'm in no hurry for him to go anywhere.

Reactions: 5 users

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015
Big man got us home against the Kochies in the Prelim last year he's a war horse.

I'm in no hurry for him to go anywhere.
Had the best of Grundy on Friday night, tapped down the Dust man's throat several times. Dimma was so concerned with Grundy's failing reputation, he did the charitable thing and took Nank off for the second half!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia

True, real long shot i’d have thought.

but he is Cat B so worth the punt as he doesn’t cost us list or rookie spot.

Have always thought that if you are going to Cat B a rookie who has never played the game you go for a tall.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
And he’s only 26, just entered a rucks prime years.
There's no doubt that Nank's ruck craft is getting better. He's always been good on, and around the ground, but he's now timing his jumps at centre bounces a lot better.

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Late in the last quarter Bolton breaks a tackle and kicks the goal, then gives Docherty a slight rub or push to the head. Docherty gets up to come back but it was half hearted.
But (I think it was Carlton's O'Brien that seemed intent to fly the flag a bit and get to Shai.

Sadly for him, Nank stepped in and got him by the scruff of the neck and told him a few facts of life.

I love Nank. Our blokes walk taller thanks to Nank. :)

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Late in the last quarter Bolton breaks a tackle and kicks the goal, then gives Docherty a slight rub or push to the head. Docherty gets up to come back but it was half hearted.
But (I think it was Carlton's O'Brien that seemed intent to fly the flag a bit and get to Shai.

Sadly for him, Nank stepped in and got him by the scruff of the neck and told him a few facts of life.

I love Nank. Our blokes walk taller thanks to Nank. :)
Yep, noticed that and loved it (although Shai has to stop getting lippy or tackling high - can be counter-productive).

Great game by Nank. Just competed so well around the contests. His game can be easily overlooked but vital to notching up that win .

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Someone mentioned on PRE that Balta is good in the ruck because when the ball in on the ground, he becomes another midfielder. This is true but we should also acknowledge that Nank is very good at ground level too. When he tackles, he hurts :cool:

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Someone mentioned on PRE that Balta is good in the ruck because when the ball in on the ground, he becomes another midfielder. This is true but we should also acknowledge that Nank is very good at ground level too. When he tackles, he hurts :cool:
Yes, but meant to post this on the GD thread. I think the rotating of Balta and DTLD through the ruck to rest Nank is destabilising our backline. Will probably do so later.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Another good game from the big fella.
It’s gonna be a long year for him. Balta giving him a blow in ruck, but
Will we see CCJ come in when his suspension is finished?
Will Mabs get another chance?
Will big Soldo be any chance this season?
Is Samson too raw?
Still a bit of a dilemma if (heaven forbid) Nank falters

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Is Samson too raw?

I reckon CCJ should get a game once his suspension is completed.

Dimma sounded happy with the current set up post match, but it asks a lot of Nank and it’s a long season. I don’t mind throwing Balta in there, but am less enthused by Astbury.

Reactions: 3 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Is Samson too raw?
I’m a big Nak fan like yourself Willo, but I thought it was a rare poor game from the big fella wasn’t he’s usually reliable with the big grabs.

I think CJ will be in the 22 come end of season, not sure he’ll ever be our number one ruck, however I’m confident he’s going to be our main fwd/ruck/fwd. Marbs done in been a ruck at AFL level, other then injuries I see Soldo playing out the year in the VFL and the same with Ryan, it’s a great Ruck team though

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
He’s been a tremendous player for us. Heart and soul warrior. But can’t recall a worse game from him. Destroyed by a total spud in Tom Hickey. Tom *smile* Hickey!!

Lift big fella!