Nankervis !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nankervis !!

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
He spoke pretty well on SEN1116 yesterday. Think people will be surprised at how well he communicates. He's not as "quiet" and reserved as everyone thinks he is.

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
He spoke pretty well on SEN1116 yesterday. Think people will be surprised at how well he communicates. He's not as "quiet" and reserved as everyone thinks he is.
Don’t think he’s the type of guy who talks just to hear his own voice.
Reckon when he does talk, people listen.
And we all know he doesn’t suffer fools.

He said that he’s really confident he can do a good job. I’m not going to argue with him.
#dontargue

Reactions: 1 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
I wasn't expecting to see Nankervis announced as captain, but when I saw the announcement, it immediately felt right.

Reactions: 2 users

Go The Tiges!

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 14, 2009
Thinking back to the Port Prelim final in 2020 he was enormous that game especially the last quarter, I think he is an inspiring choice as our leader.

Reactions: 8 users

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Agreed, I'm not sure I've ever heard him speak before to be honest. Think we all just saw him make a goose of himself with BT and assumed he couldn't communicate well.
TBR,
Recall GF Day 2017?
He spoke after the drought breaker on the ground with Richo.
He was wearing a yellow Top hat.
What a great day.

Great selection the Big Nankenstein!
Good Luck big fella.

Thank You, Sydney Swans!
Thank You so much!
No, Really, Thanks heaps.

Reactions: 1 user

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Agreed, I'm not sure I've ever heard him speak before to be honest. Think we all just saw him make a goose of himself with BT and assumed he couldn't communicate well.
Nank wasn’t the one that made a goose of himself with BT. Taylor did that all on his own.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I think both won from that exchange - pretty funny by Nank and BT didn't seem too worried about it either. Bit of theatre really.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Disagree, it was rude and unnecessary. Just answer the question politely and move on like everyone else does, grateful that small intrusions like that allow you to make 400k+ a year to play a game.
Can’t do that with BT. Give him an inch, he’ll take a mile. Roaming Brian was cringeworthy.

• Dislike

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I reckon there's only ever one winner if you bite at the media, just creates content for them. I felt for Nankervis the other night when the news had his Captaincy announcement and they played that moment.

anecdotal but those I talked to about it loved it, including non-Richmond people.

Reactions: 3 users

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
I agree but it's part of the job so you need to man up and do it.

It's like Dustin and post match interviews. He doesn't want to do them but the media has the option to grab any player they choose so he just cops it sweet and gets it over with.

I reckon there's only ever one winner if you bite at the media, just creates content for them. I felt for Nankervis the other night when the news had his Captaincy announcement and they played that moment.

If our media team is smart I'm tipping you'll see Nank and BT have a bit of a light hearted burying of the hatchet early in the season.
It shouldn’t be part of the job though. His job is to play footy and the occasional media stuff. Having some absolute *smile* wit hanging around the rooms after the game jamming a mic in their face is *smile* ridiculous.

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
No doubt, I get the BT is a flog and copped what he deserved viewpoint, but lots of people would be cool if he belted Selwood or dragged a Port supporter over the fence because he was lipping off at him as well. ;)

It's what pays the bill though Ky. Can't expect media to pump billions into your pockets if you don't give them the access they want.

Anyway, moving on, not to take away from the appointment. I'm sure he will have reflected and take a different approach now he is the skipper.
Agree, I just personally think that sort of access is going way to far.
To your last point, I’m sure he’ll be fine. Pretty sure I saw him interview not long after that, and he said he was embarrassed and wasn’t sure what he was thinking. Said he reckons BT is a top bloke which was clearly stretching the truth too far.

Liam_Nissan

Tiger Rookie
Aug 1, 2020
Agree, I just personally think that sort of access is going way to far.
To your last point, I’m sure he’ll be fine. Pretty sure I saw him interview not long after that, and he said he was embarrassed and wasn’t sure what he was thinking. Said he reckons BT is a top bloke which was clearly stretching the truth too far.

He was on SEN yesterday and was absolutely fine