Nankervis !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nankervis !!

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
I reject this argument too. How many senior players have had good, consistent seasons?

Not many. Short. Rioli is senior now. Lynch before the injury. Prestia when he plays. Broad was good early but fell away.

Vlastuin has been off his best. Ditto Grimes. Riewoldt bobbing up occasionally. Cotchin in bursts. Bolton flashing. Martin on leave. Balta inconsistent.

Nank could well be top 5 in the JDM but it means little within a team with few out and out stars across the season so far.

A silly argument. He’s been well off his best and folks need to accept it.
Don't worry Jimmy.
Nakas has been slapped by very ordinary Ruckman this year. He got Ladhmans a contract extension last week.

The captaincy wasn't required.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
I may only be a muppet but I reckon he’s ahead of Soldo

Thanks for this scintillating contribution.

Nank has been better than Soldo, both have been down.

Soldo is the better tap ruck and needs to find some form when he moves forward.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Our rucks easily won the HO 41-18 but interestingly the HOTA was only 8 to us and 5 to them. 4 to Nank and presumably 4 to Soldo.

54D3E301-26FA-45F9-B72D-262ACCA2AA44.jpeg

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Anybody listen to ABC last night?
I had it on at the game and within the first minute Mark Maclure had declared that he couldn't see how Nank could keep up with Finlaysons run and mobility
Immediately afterwards Nank took a strong mark and I don't recall him discussing it much after that
Bloke is a hater

Reactions: 2 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
The Nank/Soldo TOG is interesting atm.

On the Nank 2022, I'd say he's always a counterpuncher. Getting beat? He won't tighten up.He'll go for a clearance or kick a goal. Need a spoil? He'll mark it.

Nank attacks. And again. He doesn't tag, tighten up or spoil. At a bounce he finds body because that's all he can do. Then he works for a clearance. Or a tackle.

Soldo is a knee return. Nank is not far off right. And looks sound.

The TOG is interesting. Nank/Soldo. That could change. But it looks like our plan as at R13.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Wasn't our rucks that got beaten, it's our mids that struggle around the contest that hurts us. Presty, Shorty n Bakes three midgets doing the bulk of our clearance work around the ruck with the old blokes like Cotch, Dusty, Shedda, even Lamblett shadows of their former selves.

Reactions: 1 user

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
The cracks are appearing with Nanks game
I saw him smile pregame , that never would have happened in previous years

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Six clearances and five tackles, second most for the Tiges, what a competitor big Nank is.

Reactions: 4 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Nank had 26 HO to Dekonings 24, 8 HOTA to Nank and 5 to TDK.

F7920E4D-C558-417D-A19D-B395C1E926F2.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Nank got a big spoil early. Killed it good.

Was winning but De Koning fought back. And, I thought, got on top for periods. Periods that favoured Carlton.

Our bloke won on the night IMO.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
De Koning is actually more physical than I thought, he might end up Nank like but with a leap.

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
I thought De Konning was good. He plays a Luke Darcy kind of game, he is early leapy, with neat skills when he gets it.

I also thought the Balta injury nearly cost us the game. He was obviously about to take his turn in the ruck and Nank was about to have his rest before a big last ten minutes to finish the game when he hobbled off. Nank got his rest anyway and Jack had to take the next few centre bounces. That’s when McKay got off the leash.

Hardwick always sticks to his guns on these scheduled rests, no matter what. It is one of his defining qualities as a coach but he often lets teams back into games. Mind you, a fresh Nank was very valuable at the end.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
The great man plays his 100th game for the Mighty Tiges against the Cats.

What a great 100 games they have been. Toby's not our our best player, but he gives his best every game, you can't ask for more than that.

Reactions: 6 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I thought his first quarter yesterday was the worst I've seen him play & it was a big reason the Cats got off to a flyer.

Improved when Soldo came on but I can't agree it was a great game overall. Interestingly only used for 74% game time. Maybe he's NQR.

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
I thought his first quarter yesterday was the worst I've seen him play & it was a big reason the Cats got off to a flyer.

Improved when Soldo came on but I can't agree it was a great game overall. Interestingly only used for 74% game time. Maybe he's NQR.
Agree. Like the rest of the midfield, he was off in the first quarter. Plus I thought Soldo was better at centre square bounces over the game. Great last quarter though dropping behind the play - that’s one strength he has which Soldo can’t do.

Reactions: 1 users