Nankervis !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nankervis !!

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
The Nanny v the Mummy should be a good contest in th GF next year. :wavey

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Really hope we see a lot of him in the ruck next year. To me it makes the decision to recruit Maric for another year even more bizarre.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
tigerlove said:
Really hope we see a lot of him in the ruck next year. To me it makes the decision to recruit Maric for another year even more bizarre.
Maric is only on a 1 year deal and has likely taken a big pay cut. He's just there as insurance and that insurance has cost little.

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Panthera Tigris said:
Maric is only on a 1 year deal and has likely taken a big pay cut. He's just there as insurance and that insurance has cost little.

That's true PT, plus he will be a good mentor to the big Nank

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Panthera Tigris said:

He's taken a list spot. Look at Bulldogs last few years, turned over many players, went to the draft, used all their late picks. The more you turn over the greater chance of picking up quality, it's a percentage game. We hold onto past it players for too long.

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
tigerlove said:
He's taken a list spot. Look at Bulldogs last few years, turned over many players, went to the draft, used all their late picks. The ore you turn over the greater chance of picking up quality. We hold onto past it players for too long.

True But they also kept Minson on as a back up

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
TT33 said:
True But they also kept Minson on as a back up

And that's ok once you've done the hard yards and have the players you need to have a tilt at the premiership which is where the Bulldogs were this year (although in hnidsight they would have probably not kept Minson - played just 2 games). But previously they turned them over and fully used the draft to try new players. We are not in that position to hold onto players who have past it or been tried and tested. We have a lot of listed players who are not AFL quality and should be moved on, instead we always trot out the 'insurance' line or re-sign them - often not for just one year but two and three.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Good stuff, never seen him play....but he's an upgrade on Hampson.....