Nankervis !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nankervis !!

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
BrisTiger24 said:
I trust Soldo to come in and do the job. Good test of his development. If he doesn't perform, it's also good in that we can cut him at year end if need be.

True - but CCJ must be tempting also - love this rebuild we are in.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
tigerman said:
I thought he looked a bit proppy against the Dogs. No need to rush him back, make sure he is right. Looking for to Ivan putting his knees into Big Boy.

Nank looked like he had limited minutes in the Dogs game just based on the statistics. I wondered if he was being managed, and instead of resting him against Freo, we took a punt.
Either way, Soldo has been doing OK at VFL level, and it's time to see if his development is going to pay off. If so, fantastic news. If not, we can start to elevate CCJ into the ruck at VFL next season, and get another young ruck developing underneath him.

And that's not taking into account Chol.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Bloody hell. All of a sudden a mid season draft ruckman comes up the priority list.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
eddazol said:
With this length of injury does CCJ get a run with Bolta helping out
May also give Chol a run. Hate the injuries, but they are allowing us to look at what we’ve got and prepare for the future.

kendo

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 3, 2007
We can go on about the positives for exposing our younger players to the big time. But *smile* me this has got beyond a joke

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
CarnTheTiges said:
May also give Chol a run. Hate the injuries, but they are allowing us to look at what we’ve got and prepare for the future.

Who does Chol replace? Kicked 3 on the weekend but just 8 disposals. Wasn't sighted for a lot of the VFL game. Previous week had 5 disposals (2 goals). For me CCJ/Soldo/Balta are well ahead of him in any of the positions Chol might play.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
tigerlove said:
Who does Chol replace? Kicked 3 on the weekend but just 8 disposals. Wasn't sighted for a lot of the VFL game. Previous week had 5 disposals (2 goals). For me CCJ/Soldo/Balta are well ahead of him in any of the positions Chol might play.
I wouldn’t play him immediately, but at some point someone else will need a spell and the word is that Nank’s out for 8 weeks.

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
The big one. The one we've been dreading. Don't worry everyone I reckon we have this covered to a certain extent.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
tigerlove said:

Correct. I don't think Chol attended a stoppage at the weekend. Pretty much played 100% forward and for mine, he plays from behind too much. Now his girlfriend might like that, but this is footy and he needs to lead up. He has the speed to be a leading player and needs to be that type of player but I didn't see it at the weekend.

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
There is a 2 fold effect here.

Soldo will get his chance but just as important is CCJ having greater responsibility as 1st ruck in the VFL.

If one of these guys is good enough as an AFL ruckman we have been blessed by the old gods and the new.