Nankervis !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nankervis !!

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
TigerPort said:
Have a look at his Avatar. Has a well established portfolio and history of working with groins

Think I’ve seen some of his movies.
They always end the same way.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Have thought from some time that Toby is one of 2 players we could least afford to lose. The other being Rance.
Soldo tries no doubt but it's a significant downgrade in a very important position.
Hope his injury doesn't cost us the season but am genuinely concerned it will. :(

toby64

Tiger Champion
Mar 17, 2014
Tigers of Old said:
Have thought from some time that Toby is one of 2 players we could least afford to lose. The other being Rance.
Soldo tries no doubt but it's a significant downgrade in a very important position.
Hope his injury doesn't cost us the season but am genuinely concerned it will. :(

There’s 3. Jack is the other one. We won’t match good sides without all three of them.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Tigers of Old said:

Its Nakas fault. What did Hardwick expect him to go through 5 seasons without any injury.
We are crying out for a tall defender & Ruckman.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Ruckman like soccer goalkeeper...totally different to rest of team.
a great one can win you games, a crap one makes it very very hard to win.
Nank has been our ticking time bomb since he arrived... injury was unlucky but we were wearing him down with the limited on field support.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
toby64 said:
There’s 3. Jack is the other one. We won’t match good sides without all three of them.

very clear last night we miss the 3 of them in a big way

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
toby64 said:
Again, how we have not got decent backup for him has me baffled.

Does undermines the plaudits for the football dept professionalism. Backups two project players.... And we kept a crock in Hampson on year after year. It's a lot more bad mgt then bad luck

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Will most likely come back into the side against the salary cap cheats.
We ended up covering his loss a lot better than i expected. Not sure what combination we will go with, i think it will probably be Nank and big Ivy. If both of them play it will interesting to see how it effects the balance of the side.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
What an incredible season.

We polled the players we could least afford to lose last year,

and from memory Nank, Rance, Jack, Cotchy made up 80% of the top 5.

We lost about 50 games out of them in one season

and we are favourites for the flag.

what are our numbers on clearances with and without Nank over the last 2 years?

cagedtiger

Be Feared
Nov 19, 2004
Sydney
Nank to me is like an in between version of Soldo and Chol. He moves around the ground and is versatile, chases and tackles hard, kicks goals. whilst he is well built enough then he can generally hold himself in the ruck - though struggles against bigger opponents in tap outs. Soldo is a classic ruck, strong and physical not easily pushed around and wins his fair share of taps outs; he also chases and tackles more each game he plays. Chol is a string bean at the moment however agile, skilled and smart, and kicks goals - much less physical right now as he does not have the physique. They all balance each other well.

I believe we have the luxury of playing any 2 together and it would work. The notion that Nank and Soldo cannot play together is a furphy to me.

Nank being out has provided a surprising positive insight of what Soldo and Chol are capable of at AFL level - and it seems to have helped their development enormously in a short period of time.

Reactions: 3 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
There is a certain logic about the notion that playing both Nank and Soldo wouldn't work. The issue being that they are too similar and we end up with 2 large not so fast rucks in the team as opposed to 1 large ruck and 1 less large but faster ruck.

That said, with Nank's abilities around the ground, and with Soldo being able to handle really tall rucks and improving on his around the ground work, I would give it a go. I understand the logic of the argument not to have Nank and Soldo together, but I'm not convinced.

There is also talk of picking our rucks to suit the opposition. Well, how about we pick our rucks to suit our game and let the opposition change their team to try and deal with us?

DS

Reactions: 2 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
they did DS.
Dees brought in Pruess to double team Choldo, a big dinosaur against our smooth whispering death.
It helped Gawn have a good game, but left them a man down as pruess spudded

Reactions: 4 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Being reported on the site that can't be named that the big fella pulled up ok :clap2

Reactions: 2 users