Nankervis !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nankervis !!

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
For mine the Soldo and Chol combo worked very well against Grundy. Shoukdnt keep his spot but most likely will. If he does has to be told to stick his knees into Grundy at every ruck contest. Don't even worry about the ball.

Letsroar

Tiger Superstar
May 19, 2014
At the game. It seemed we were clearly better with Soldo in the middle. I would play Choi. Nani didn’t appear fit

Reactions: 1 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Look a little laboured but I think we have to keep him in (although he often looks like that and gets better as the game goes on)

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
He struggled for mine. Soldo is clearly our number 1 ruckman for mine. But will we get more from Balta or Choi?

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
He struggled for mine. Soldo is clearly our number 1 ruckman for mine. But will we get more from Balta or Choi?

I don't think so. Nank's a warrior. Warriors win Grand Finals

Reactions: 3 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I'd play him, I agree he was down tonight but he didn't look quite right. Hopefully a week off will see him improve. He is Grand Final material.

It was a tough game that Prelim, maybe got a niggle at some point.

DS

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Nank didn't seem right. The match committee is going to have a few headaches this week with selection. And the Big Fella will be one of those under the microscope.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014

Nope. I to a GF with no lead up AFL finals games they'll get slaughtered. Our ruck combo wore the opposition down and were on top in latter part of the game. Nanks will play GF. Don't think we have a choice really.

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
No way Hardwick brings in Choi or Balta for Nank - unless he is injured.

taraba

Eat em alive!!!
Jul 27, 2004
Planet Earth
Probably depends on the opposition really but I think he plays. If it’s GWS then we could maybe get away with just big Ivan. Against the filth we may want some extra run maybe with Stack, Ross, Menadue or even Pickett (as amazing as that seems).

So let’s see who we’re playing first and then we can adjust. But we’re talking about a bloody tough player here. The kind you want I’m GF’s.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Will need to watch the replay when I get home but at the game I didn’t notice him that much and they seemed to win the centre clearances when he was in there but it was hard to tell.

We need to rucks against Grundy but not sure against GWS.

Can’t see him being dropped to be honest.

Tames

Tiger Superstar
Apr 3, 2005
Melbourne
He's way too slow to play forward, or any other position other than ruck, but Soldo has proved that he takes that position.

Cant see Dimma dropping him, so hopefully his game improves.

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
I don’t think we need two rucks to go up against Mumford. Playing GWS doesn’t help Nankervis’ bid to play the GF. I’d definitely prefer the extra mid here.