Nankervis !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nankervis !!

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
I don’t think we need two rucks to go up against Mumford. Playing GWS doesn’t help Nankervis’ bid to play the GF. I’d definitely prefer the extra mid here.

We've played two rucks all season. Now is not the time to start changing your structures. Hardwick said in his presser he was happy with both rucks output. No one is being dropped. I think it will play into our hands. Mummy will be worked over by two strong well built ruckmen taking duties 50/50. No respite. We setup to grind opposition down and run over them. We just need to keep in striking distance early.

Reactions: 4 users

Birdman19

Plodder
Apr 16, 2009
I'm in two minds about Nank. He has the experience of the biggest stage in our calender. Soldo is a lock. Mumford will crash and bash our rucks so do you go with a two ruckmen and wear Mumford down or speed and toughness with Balta who lacks the finesse or with Chol who has the class but may get bashed around? In Dimma we trust:D

thomas the tiger

Tiger Superstar
Apr 17, 2004
Nank plays this week for sure.

I would however look to trade him out as I have faith in CC’s,soldo and Chol and balta. Nank has been a warrior and a key to the past few years but times change

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
I don't think so. Nank's a warrior. Warriors win Grand Finals
Is he fitter and offering more than Mumford?

I think so.

Mumford will be sweated out by half time.

Soldo, and who cares really if he’s Numero Uno, it’s the team effort and final result that matters, well soldo acts in support or lead role. He clunks a couple of marks resting forward and uses that structured style and kicks two goals. Might I say while Tiger Tom and J8 combine for nine goals..

GWS won’t match us out of the centre.

And should they, well Dusty goes forward and takes his tag one on one and the likely result is Dusty ***** or Danny takes the offering and BOOM!

Prestia wins the Norm Smith.

Tigers by 45 points.

And bu** er the bystanders.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Is he fitter and offering more than Mumford?

I think so.

Mumford will be sweated out by half time.

Soldo, and who cares really if he’s Numero Uno, it’s the team effort and final result that matters, well soldo acts in support or lead role. He clunks a couple of marks resting forward and uses that structured style and kicks two goals. Might I say while Tiger Tom and J8 combine for nine goals..

GWS won’t match us out of the centre.

And should they, well Dusty goes forward and takes his tag one on one and the likely result is Dusty ***** or Danny takes the offering and BOOM!

Prestia wins the Norm Smith.

Tigers by 45 points.

And bu** er the bystanders.
Good to see you nice and bullish Bernie.

Carn the Tiges!!!!

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Nank has been such a good servant but his output will def be a conversation topic for the MC. His value has always been nullifying the ruck and complimenting the mids at stoppages. I think he's providing less benefit here than a Chol or Balta could at this stage. I thought he looked super slow on the weekend.

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Nank must play.
Don't forget Ivan's cousin Ivan appears to be quite a docile character.
Nothing against him just how I see him.
Solds has been great this year.
But he might flounder if Mummy decides to go out swinging.
Whereas big Nank can more than accommodate Mummy if he chooses the knuckle option.
Solds to come on against their 2nd ruck.
Discuss.