Nankervis !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nankervis !!

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Nank must play.
Don't forget Ivan's cousin Ivan appears to be quite a docile character.
Nothing against him just how I see him.
Solds has been great this year.
But he might flounder if Mummy decides to go out swinging.
Whereas big Nank can more than accommodate Mummy if he chooses the knuckle option.
Solds to come on against their 2nd ruck.
Discuss.

Glove I am turning to have Nank play .
But also torn to the fact if they go for Whitfield, Cogs, Green , we may need an extra runner.
Conditions could play a factor.

So conflicted.

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
We could witness 2 very ordinary ruckman on Saturday.
Nakas looks badly out of form and fitness and mumford looks like a 12 year old gelding trying to win the Melbourne cup

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
After briefly hearing Sheedy on SEN, the more now Nank must play.

My ears pricked up when he said how Richmond won the flag with Nank and GRIGG in the ruck.
He said if Nank goes down they don’t win, and proceeding to say if he was coaching, Garry stopped short but we all knew where Sheedy was going with.

Expect something from The Mummy on Soldo.
Soldo is the critical, most critical of the two. Nank the battering ramp!

No way Chol or Balta.
We have to hope they may have run their race and our fitness is good enough if it’s close we run over the top of them!

Also Sheedy may be the one to present the cup but didn’t confirm.
Plus couldn’t hear who he picked. Said Tigers will be tough.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Nank must play.
Don't forget Ivan's cousin Ivan appears to be quite a docile character.
Nothing against him just how I see him.
Solds has been great this year.
But he might flounder if Mummy decides to go out swinging.
Whereas big Nank can more than accommodate Mummy if he chooses the knuckle option.
Solds to come on against their 2nd ruck.
Discuss.

No discussion required here.
Absolutely Soldo first up and Nank from the bench

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
After briefly hearing Sheedy on SEN, the more now Nank must play.

My ears pricked up when he said how Richmond won the flag with Nank and GRIGG in the ruck.
He said if Nank goes down they don’t win, and proceeding to say if he was coaching, Garry stopped short but we all knew where Sheedy was going with.

Expect something from The Mummy on Soldo.
Soldo is the critical, most critical of the two. Nank the battering ramp!

No way Chol or Balta.
We have to hope they may have run their race and our fitness is good enough if it’s close we run over the top of them!

Also Sheedy may be the one to present the cup but didn’t confirm.
Plus couldn’t hear who he picked. Said Tigers will be tough.
Sheedy, the guy who was coach of GWS making recommendations about how the Tigers play? I don't think I'm on board with what he wants. I think he has a vested interest. He did a public speaking engagement at a graduation ceremony for my wife's college, and all he did was talk about GWS and how great it was being part of the club. The themes were about development and perserverence, but it was all GWS based.

As for Nankervis, Hardwick said in his press conference last week, that Nankervis and Soldo had great second halves against Geelong. I read that as Nankervis is staying.
End of discussion.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Sheedy, the guy who was coach of GWS making recommendations about how the Tigers play? I don't think I'm on board with what he wants. I think he has a vested interest. He did a public speaking engagement at a graduation ceremony for my wife's college, and all he did was talk about GWS and how great it was being part of the club. The themes were about development and perserverence, but it was all GWS based.

As for Nankervis, Hardwick said in his press conference last week, that Nankervis and Soldo had great second halves against Geelong. I read that as Nankervis is staying.
End of discussion.

Exactly !
Will take it to the bank, Sheedy was referencing to 17.
I believe he wanted to say he would have instructed his players to take out or injure Nank as the tigers back up that day was Grigg!

Last edited:

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Big week for Nankers, will be instructed to run hard lose the sausage eater and kick a couple. Our ace for an extra 2 goals. Forward pressure will beat ugly ruck contests and help deliver the cup.
GWS cannot stop jack, tom, dusty and nank.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Big week for Nankers, will be instructed to run hard lose the sausage eater and kick a couple. Our ace for an extra 2 goals. Forward pressure will beat ugly ruck contests and help deliver the cup.
GWS cannot stop jack, tom, dusty and nank.

Hope so HR!

Hope we don’t play all our 3 at the same time as it could make us slow but if either Soldo or Nank can hurt the Mummy the other way when floating forward and kick one each that would go a long way to delivering another Premiership .

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
Nank will play. Better for the run, hopefully.

I thought he was worse against Geelong than he was against Brisbane.

I'd play Balta, who at least can plug holes in the event of injury to a key back. Nank right now is only good as a back-up ruck and he's pretty useless at that. However, I expect the MC to play Nank.

B

Bill James

Against Mummy we play Nank everytime. Mummy's last 10min against Coll was like Nanks last qtr against Ess in the VFL.

James

Tiger Rookie
Sep 11, 2016
Nank is either not physically fit or is still injured but what ever the cause his running has slowed him by a good 25%, off his best, and he simply cannot get off the ground.
Balta.

Brettstigers

Queen La Camilla
Mar 21, 2005
Sydney
Everyone is talking about what they need not what they are going to get. Look at the VFL GF thread re comments on Balta and Chol. They aren't good enough in 2019 to trust in an afl grand final. Its a case of picking the best man pure and simple.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I suspect Nank is looking forward to go 1-1 with mummy. Leave the pure ruck work to Ivan and let Nank concentrate on working Mummy over.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Nanks played 60% game time and Soldo 55% last game. Game before that Soldo 61% and Nanks 59%. It means only 15-20% of the game both are on at the same time. I believe we'll stick to that formula. Mummy will get no respite, he will get worn down to a pulp. I firmly believe our game strategy is to play within ourselves the first half and tighten the screws in the 2nd. It seems to be a trend to me, far more energised after conserving energies making it difficult for the opposition to contain. The risk is letting the score blow out early. We can do it, we just must not change things too much and stick to that ever-proven process.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
I would play Balta because he is a fierce competitor who will not be over-awed; but he offers insurance for any injuries. He is versatile enough to play mid, forward, back and ruck. His VFL finals performance is being under-rated. He had to stay down back to be a tall defender where none of the deep Willy tall forwards really did much damage, plus took the kick-outs as he blasts it to the wings. Could Nank do that? What if Grimes, Floss or Astbury went down with GWS' three tall forwards.
Did you see his run-down of that Port attacker? Can Nank or Soldo do that? Can you imagine him running off Mummy? He will leave him for dead, becomes another threat. He would go well against their second too - Finlayson - because he'd barrel into him. Balta can run like the wind, kicks like a bazooka and can fly with anyone. Just has to hold his marks more.

Nank offers far less and only looks about 60% fit.

But, after all that. Dimma and MC will play Nank - who will give his all. Hope it will be enough. In the end, I have faith in the MC.

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
I would play Balta because he is a fierce competitor who will not be over-awed; but he offers insurance for any injuries. He is versatile enough to play mid, forward, back and ruck. His VFL finals performance is being under-rated. He had to stay down back to be a tall defender where none of the deep Willy tall forwards really did much damage, plus took the kick-outs as he blasts it to the wings. Could Nank do that? What if Grimes, Floss or Astbury went down with GWS' three tall forwards.
Did you see his run-down of that Port attacker? Can Nank or Soldo do that? Can you imagine him running off Mummy? He will leave him for dead, becomes another threat. He would go well against their second too - Finlayson - because he'd barrel into him. Balta can run like the wind, kicks like a bazooka and can fly with anyone. Just has to hold his marks more.

Nank offers far less and only looks about 60% fit.

But, after all that. Dimma and MC will play Nank - who will give his all. Hope it will be enough. In the end, I have faith in the MC.

As much as I love Noah's athleticism, I reckon Mumford would physically abuse Balta at every opportunity, he can't do that to Nank.

Reactions: 1 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
As much as I love Noah's athleticism, I reckon Mumford would physically abuse Balta at every opportunity, he can't do that to Nank.
My comment is based on Soldo taking Mummy, most of the time as No.1 ruck, moving him around amap, bumping into him and tackling him to ground. Soldo is much taller, younger and can jump all over him to win the HOTA - preferabaly out wide not in close like Grundy and Pie's big mistake. Balta, as relief ruck would spend minimal time on Mummy but burst forward off him whenever an attacking opportunity presents. You need to remember, he has been measured as one of the fastest players in the AFL on the burst at full speed ahead. He is also not that much smaller than Mummy really at a conservative 194 cm but 100 kgs, but much more dynamic. But it's the versatility he offers.

I ask again; who would go back if Astbury, Broad, Grimes or Floss had to leave the ground? Nank?