Nankervis !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nankervis !!

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
TIGERS will, know mummy coming out stating i,m playing on next year is a ploy, hes retiring so cant be given a huge fine,,tiges will come up with something to protect the tiger ball carrier,maybe tiger ruck can put out both arms ans protect the space between mummy and the ball as hes basically going to play dirty,thing is with the dry mcg its harder for him to keep going,his legs must be like jelly,hoping tiger rucks start occasionally punching the ball forward.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Nanks is playing. Hardwick has basically implied so. Balta is not in contention and neither is Chol. Were going in with Soldo and Nanks. Minimal change, that's the way to go into a grand final. No change last game, only one (hopefully no-one else injured) this week. Right decision. We're settled, we're primed.

Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
My comment is based on Soldo taking Mummy, most of the time as No.1 ruck, moving him around amap, bumping into him and tackling him to ground. Soldo is much taller, younger and can jump all over him to win the HOTA - preferabaly out wide not in close like Grundy and Pie's big mistake. Balta, as relief ruck would spend minimal time on Mummy but burst forward off him whenever an attacking opportunity presents. You need to remember, he has been measured as one of the fastest players in the AFL on the burst at full speed ahead. He is also not that much smaller than Mummy really at a conservative 194 cm but 100 kgs, but much more dynamic. But it's the versatility he offers.

I ask again; who would go back if Astbury, Broad, Grimes or Floss had to leave the ground? Nank?

Ellis - has at least played half back before. Could cover for Broad or Floss.

If Astbury or Grimesy go down we are in a bit of bother

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
As others have mentioned, I reckon that Nank is probably the biggest question being discussed by the MC.
His current form and the need for speed against GWS are probably the biggest concerns.
In the end, I believe it will be status quo with Soldo assuming the majority of rucking responsibilities.
It is my hope that Nank is able to dig deep into his bag of tricks and find a way to be a real contributor to the team.
Might even be handy down forward at times.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
For me still a better option then Chol or Balta.Against Mumford he has no issue there and we need him just in case Soldo gets bullied by Mumford. He needs to lift his marking pressure etc even dropping in the whole in the backline.

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
For me still a better option then Chol or Balta.Against Mumford he has no issue there and we need him just in case Soldo gets bullied by Mumford. He needs to lift his marking pressure etc even dropping in the whole in the backline.
Out of all of the rucks in the comp, Soldo is one of the least likely to be bullied by the old fella. He is a big strapping young fella who knows he is just that.
Mumford is the Giants achilles heel, the tigers will exploit it Saturday.
Sorry PRE crew. Wrong thread, should wake up before reading. :p

Last edited:

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Ellis - has at least played half back before. Could cover for Broad or Floss.

If Astbury or Grimesy go down we are in a bit of bother

Exactly. And would you be happy and confident with Ellis doing that? As much as I love Nank, this is my only concern. GWS are playing extra runners, Tomlinson and Finlayson, who relieve Mummy in the ruck but play mostly and competently forward, on the wing, or can well go down back.

See playing Nank as a possible weakness they can exploit. Not sure he's speedy enough to play anywhere off the ball. Little impact when he drifted forward in the PF, may even get in Tom or Jack's way. Possibly can fill the hole down back but GWS' 3 tall forwards are all fast and leapers.
I want the Tiges to run all over them in the 2nd half, Q4, but Nank costs us that extra rotation of a mobile, versatile player.
Just hope we have more legs anyway and it doesn't matter; and will be balanced out by them choosing Davis. Think he's a liability in the condition he is in. Won't be surprised if a late out for Keefe to play on big Tom.

James

Tiger Rookie
Sep 11, 2016
Nank is in but he is still injured and can’t jump.
He came back after a groin injury, and apparently came back again after a second groin injury.
I don’t get why he came back the second time, after a comparatively short time in recovery. From personal experience it is a tough injury to get over.
Hope he has a great game tomorrow but ... I’d of felt more confident with Noah.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Drop Nankervis :rotfl2:mhihi

Thank God. Was good today. Not great, but good.

Brettstigers

Queen La Camilla
Mar 21, 2005
Sydney
Love the heroics from Mummy on Grundy 1-1. Broke Eddy's heart.

With both Nank and Ivan on Mummy no heroics were possible, just too hard 1 on 2. What that meant precisely for contested centre ball clearances I don't know but it certainly couldn't be bad. A subtle strength for the whole game I believe.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
For who we played, who we were going against, Nank and Soldo was the perfect combo.

Destroyed Mummy. In the contest and around the ground.

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
MC got it spot on and should not be questioned for 3 months. Nank and Pickett selections were right on the money.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Wore Mummy down physically and allowed Soldo to win tap outs.

Great double team job.

He likes to hit bodies does Tobes.

DualPremiership ruckman ....................thanks Sydanee