Nankervis !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nankervis !!

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Other teams would be scrambling for his signature
That's a bit rude.
Eggsy surprised me in the couple of games he got last year. Thought he had a couple of deer in the headlights moments during a couple of VFL games last year n figured he might struggle in the extra heat of an AFL level game. Kid was quite composed n smooth in his games, hoping he keeps pushing up gets some more senior footy.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Nank made a big play for round 1 inclusion today, BOG by a fair margin IMO in VFL practice game today playing just over 3 qtrs game time

And just in case you don't believe me below is from the VFL report from RFC site:D

"The sight of Toby Nankervis bounding across the Punt Rd turf, sticking big tackles, clutching intercept marks, piercing left-foot passes into the corridor and setting up goals would have warmed the hearts of the Tiger Army".

Reactions: 3 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
And just in case you don't believe me below is from the VFL report from RFC site:D

"The sight of Toby Nankervis bounding across the Punt Rd turf, sticking big tackles, clutching intercept marks, piercing left-foot passes into the corridor and setting up goals would have warmed the hearts of the Tiger Army".

Think last year he played a game in the VFL and destroyed the opposition.
He’s way too good for VFL.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003

Nank, Nank, Nank. The thought of the big Nank bounding anywhere makes my brain hurt.

Elmer

Tiger Champion
Dec 3, 2005
Think last year he played a game in the VFL and destroyed the opposition.
He’s way too good for VFL.
Yep - there's talk of trading him on CCJ thread. How quickly we forget. A good run without injury and back to his 2017 flag winning best. (His 2019 was pretty good too.)

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I think we need to be fair.

Nanks a dual Premiership player. This year Ivan and CCJ can win iylt. Next year CCJ again for his second where we play 1 ruckman.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018

There’s many on here that I don’t believe.
You’re not one of them.
You should write for the Truth. And I’m not talking page 3

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I think Nank will get up for round 1 but his spot will come under pressure from Coleman-Jones if he doesn't perform.
Watched Kruezer last week for the Blues & for once he looked fit & was impressive. He will be a challenge for both our ruckmen.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Is Nank an option for a key defensive role, in the McEvoy way ? Far from panic stations and we do have the best backline going around, however I just think we another big option down back, would also allow us to play CCJ and Soldo as ruck/forwards , yep possibly a bit top heavy , however just an option

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Watched all of our 2017 & 2019 finals games again.
Real knock on Nank is his handballing, he seems to give it away a fair bit even when not under huge pressure. Is fixable though.