Nankervis !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nankervis !!

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Get the big fella back in the team.

His grunt work and mongrel around the contest is sorely missed.

Reactions: 6 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
If I see Lynch or Riewoldt take another ruck contest I will spew.

Play them both. Nank is more athletic as Jack Graham anyway.

Reactions: 4 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
No point having an extra small midfielder that is contributing nothing and we've got a few doing that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Nank gets another crack. This will be interesting.
Can't help but feel that the shorter Qs have really messed with our Premiership ruck division.
Soldo appeared to struggle carrying the entire load but is no doubt the better tap ruckman of the two.
I'm a big fan of Nank's best work but since the groin injury we haven't seen that for a while.
Hopefully he's got himself right now & can get back to that player.

His match up this week in young Marshall & vet Ryder will keep him very honest. Hopefully plays well but I admit to having some concerns here.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Can't help but feel that the shorter Qs have really messed with our Premiership ruck division.
Soldo appeared to struggle carrying the entire load but is no doubt the better tap ruckman of the two.
I'm a big fan of Nank's best work but since the groin injury we haven't seen that for a while.

His match up this week in young Marshall & vet Ryder will keep him very honest. Hopefully plays well but I admit to having some concerns here.

Huge concerns.
Is this another game we lose at the selection table??

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007

Nank will earn his keep. Always does. I feel the midfield walks taller when he is playing.

But I still think we need to be playing two rucks regardless.

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Hopefully Nank is well and truly over his groin issues. A fit and firing Nank is a better ruck option than Ivan.

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
It seems a few had forgotten how important he is to our side when fully fit. Hopefully he shows us that tomorrow.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015

Shorter quarters have messed with our DNA period, we were known for scoring late in quarters and late in games and peaking come finals just as other teams were dropping off.
Must alter that DNA this week, no time to waste.
Oh and because this is a Nank thread, great to have him back he owes us big time for cracking Dusty's ribs ;)

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
Soldo named as an emergency... Stack last picked on the bench and no obvious match up... Saints select both Marshall and Ryder... is there a late change at Tigerland in the wind?

houstontiger

Tiger Rookie
May 26, 2014
My gut feeling is one of Nank, Soldo or CCJ will be not on our list next year due to wanting more senior game time...not because we are getting rid of them.

If you had to trade one right now who would it be (i.e. who is our third best ruckman)?

Nank gets his chance tomorrow to start to cement a top 2 position. I agree with others that this is as interesting a subplot to our season as any.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Shorter quarters have messed with our DNA period, we were known for scoring late in quarters and late in games and peaking come finals just as other teams were dropping off.
Must alter that DNA this week, no time to waste.
Oh and because this is a Nank thread, great to have him back he owes us big time for cracking Dusty's ribs ;)

Agree totally on the shoter Qs mate, it's why I was so vocal against them coming in.:(
Forget any semblance of 2019. Has totally changed the ballgame & our coaches need to think differently..fast both in terms of personnel & gameplan.

Yes Nank does owe us. Will be hard for him though especilly with so little snr footy recently.

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Nank will lay a few bone crunching tackles tomorrow.

I wouldn't want to be wearing a Saints jumper and getting in his way.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
My gut feeling is one of Nank, Soldo or CCJ will be not on our list next year due to wanting more senior game time...not because we are getting rid of them.

If you had to trade one right now who would it be (i.e. who is our third best ruckman)?

Nank gets his chance tomorrow to start to cement a top 2 position. I agree with others that this is as interesting a subplot to our season as any.

Sydney may come cap in hand for the return of Nank.

It was very sad to see Sam Naismith go down with another knee on top of losing his sister to cancer during lockdown.

• Sad
Reactions: 8 users