Nankervis !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nankervis !!

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
I thought he played close to his worse Ricmond game against Brisbane but has bounced back with 2 absolute rippers.
He needed to get back up to speed after a spell. After those hit outs he is back on, he is like Bonecrusher, wears them all down.

Reactions: 1 user

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Not in our bests (according to ALF.com).

Just like the AA team.
Who cares what those clowns think. The one brain cell between them must get very lonely and get travel sickness bouncing from one empty cavity to the next.

Nank is extremely appreciated by HIS team, coaches and supporters

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
10 tackles from a ruckman in a wet, contested prelim?

duel premiership ruckman, Toby Nankervis,

is Richmonds greatest ever ruckman to me.

Reactions: 2 users

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
I love Nank. Have done since he came to the club.

Yes he's a bit smaller than other rucks but he more than makes up for that with his marking and his tackling. I bet his team mates love him too.

I also have a soft spot for Tasmanian footballers.

Reactions: 6 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Nank was just great.
He will be bursting next week to do his stuff against whatever the opposition throw at him.
Was so impressed by his determination and efforts. Just keeps on giving to the Yellow and Black.
Will be a triple premiership player in a week's time.

• Love

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
That's a very good point, was just thinking the same thing.

Hopefully his deal is well down the path otherwise he is going to either create some TPP headaches or leave. His value is going through the roof as each game passes.

Was it Gale this week said there were some announcements that they were planning to make this week coming.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Good interview with Toby on the club website.
Speaks pretty well for a bloke who apparently hates this stuff.

Last edited:

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Torrential rain that day iirc

You can try and talk him down. Many have. But The Gus Bus was elite. Career high 23 disposals against the Lions in Rd 13 of the same year. High of 11 contested possessions against the Lions the previous year. If he didn't play for Richmond he would have been an AA Ruckman

Mantikorr

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 26, 2006
You can try and talk him down. Many have. But The Gus Bus was elite. Career high 23 disposals against the Lions in Rd 13 of the same year. High of 11 contested possessions against the Lions the previous year. If he didn't play for Richmond he would have been an AA Ruckman
Wasn't intending to talk him down. Just making comment remembering the game. I was actually a fan of Gus. Another that gave what he had when we weren't a great side

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
Curious, he didn’t win an AA at the crows?