Nankervis !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nankervis !!

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Surely he is the alpha male of AFL ruckmen?

Nankervis is the bully who bullies the bullies. If the AFL was a school yard, Nankervis would have all the lunch money by mid-morning each day, including that of the school principal, all the teachers and even the maintenance guys.

Nobody eats unless Toby says so.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
I think it was around the wing/half forward area and he wrapped up some Aints bloke.
He was just about to absolutely smash him to the ground when the whistle blew for a ball up.
So close.
Thanks Swannies. What a gift.
Love the Nank.

Reactions: 1 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Nanks is going a great job but if we are not careful we will 'Maric' him by wearing him out before his time. We have to start looking at CCJ to give him a spell when we can. When Soldo is back fit and Samson comes good then we are set

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Going from no opposition to the best in the comp in a week. Huge test for the big fella this week.
Gawn does not like physicality.
Nanks won’t be happy with how things went in the practice match earlier this year even though Gawn had a month longer preparation. He has a long memory and will relish the opportunity of revenge.
Nanks must intimidate him and then break him.

• Love

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Nanks is going a great job but if we are not careful we will 'Maric' him by wearing him out before his time. We have to start looking at CCJ to give him a spell when we can. When Soldo is back fit and Samson comes good then we are set

I don't reckon Toby is too keen on spells.

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Not sure there is a footballer that takes more pride in their own performance than Nank. He doesn't allow himself to be below par 2 games in a row. His smashing of St Kilda was entirely predictable.

• Love

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
This bloke is all heart and soul. But we will send him to an early retirement if we don’t give him a chop out soon.

Reactions: 6 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
This bloke is all heart and soul. But we will send him to an early retirement if we don’t give him a chop out soon.
Yep Soldo is a massive loss for us this year. I reckon a bigger loss than anyone would have imagined.

Reactions: 2 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Yep Soldo is a massive loss for us this year. I reckon a bigger loss than anyone would have imagined.
Agree. But we have a player in the VFL and refuse to play him. Even early days last year we tried the one ruck system and we looked at our worst. Once we played a two ruck combo we were much more damaging.

Reactions: 4 users

mjb

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 23, 2007
His physical work tonight was immense. Took every, and I mean every, opportunity to hammer Gawn into the ground. Gawn was barely walking by the end and not very happy about it. That said, Gawn has become a genuine champion and still carried them to a comfortable win. Thank *smile* it’s only round 6.

Reactions: 3 users