Nankervis !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nankervis !!

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Looks like Duckwood got the forward pass away just in time. Nank obviously carrying a slight niggle though, didn't quite get the decrapitation right.

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
He'll get there obviously.

But it would be criminal if our greatest ruckman of all time didn't qualify for father son.

Big call mate, we have a grandstand named after one of the greatest ruckman in AFL history..

I do love Nank though, and even a few years back with the emergence of Soldo many on this board were looking to trade him, at that time i remember i said my peace which was we hold him as he brings more than ruck, hes a clearance machine and a nasty bugger on the field, hes also very much an on field leader, at that time 2-3 years ago he was still very young in 1st Ruck terms. Love the big fella

Reactions: 4 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
Big call mate, we have a grandstand named after one of the greatest ruckman in AFL history..

I do love Nank though, and even a few years back with the emergence of Soldo many on this board were looking to trade him, at that time i remember i said my peace which was we hold him as he brings more than ruck, hes a clearance machine and a nasty bugger on the field, hes also very much an on field leader, at that time 2-3 years ago he was still very young in 1st Ruck terms. Love the big fella
Big call? I stand by it.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
He'll get there obviously.

But it would be criminal if our greatest ruckman of all time didn't qualify for father son.
Old Jack might be a tad ahead of Nank. I'd have Mike Green ahead of the Nankster as well.

As a pure ruck there'd be quite a few ahead of Nank. As an absolute competitive mid field beast with solid rucking ability, I'm more than happy to have the Nankster playing at Tigerland.

Reactions: 5 users

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
Old Jack might be a tad ahead of Nank. I'd have Mike Green ahead of the Nankster as well.

As a pure ruck there'd be quite a few ahead of Nank. As an absolute competitive mid field beast with solid rucking ability, I'm more than happy to have the Nankster playing at Tigerland.
if you look at any small facet of the game there seems to be plenty ahead of Nank
but when you look at the whole package he brings he really stands tall against some damn good players

and I do think he has improved his centre bounce tap work

Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Whilst only one game, Toby's last quarter in the 2020 Preliminary final against Port elevates him up alongside other Tiger Ruck greats in my eyes.

If it wasn't for Toby's want to tackle, to hurt, to "tear them apart", to take those marks in the last quarter we don't win, and then go on to win the GF the next week.

Love ya Nank.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users

DuD_Delist

Tiger Superstar
Sep 30, 2014
if you look at any small facet of the game there seems to be plenty ahead of Nank
but when you look at the whole package he brings he really stands tall against some damn good players

and I do think he has improved his centre bounce tap work
His rundown of Guthrie in the 20GF proved his worth.
Not to mention his last qtr efforts the week before to get us in the GF.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users