Nankervis !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nankervis !!

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
I think we'd won the first 2 or 3 centre bounces with ease and then the umps went bang, bang, bang and suddenly North got momentum with the ball out of the centre. I didn't know at the time and still don't know, what any of those 3 were given for. The last 1 was given for high when he won the hit out I seem to remember. Maybe I should watch it again, but then do I really want to watch that again???
I re-watched it and got even more depressed at the capitulation so my advice is don't

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Dimma did that today. The AFL admitted they were incorrectly awarded against Nankervis. A lot of good that does us now. It won’t make any difference. The flogs will be back to it this week. We’ll complain, they’ll say sorry got it wrong and walk away sniggering about how they screwed us yet again.
Have the AFL admitted that? I can’t see any report on that

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
I think our free kick differential has improved the last 6 weeks or so after it was highlighted in the media. And i don’t think it was a coincidence that we only got a RS nom after our low number of noms was highlighted in the media.
Yeah funny that

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
I think our free kick differential has improved the last 6 weeks or so after it was highlighted in the media. And i don’t think it was a coincidence that we only got a RS nom after our low number of noms was highlighted in the media.
It has

1st 11 games 224 frees for at an average of 20.36 and 279 against at an average of 25.36
last 6 games 114 frees for at an average of 19 and 118 against at an average of 19.6

The outlier was the Geelong rogering, 13 for & 26 against

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
It has

1st 11 games 224 frees for at an average of 20.36 and 279 against at an average of 25.36
last 6 games 114 frees for at an average of 19 and 118 against at an average of 19.6

The outlier was the Geelong rogering, 13 for & 26 against

About f*cking time, the frees for and against have been so consistent for 6 years it is well beyond a coincidence.

DS

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
As early as 2018 I said we are going break Nank. And his styke of play was going to be a factor. Well I was worried three seasons too early Never saw him as captain material.but I only applaud him for reaching that exalted position.
Hopefully having to carry the ruck with minimal.help for two seasons he can dig deep for however long we stay in it this year. Recuperate and recover over the summer and bounce back in 2023.

Reactions: 1 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Nank plays his best footy when he's fresh. We should give him a week or 2 rest

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
We'll break Nank, just like we did with the lionhearted Ivan Maric.

Big Ivy was cooked at 29:cry:

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
He was horrible out of the middle.

The king of tapouts to opposition advantage.

He's making poor decisions ball in hand, and coughing it up in ways he never has. Nanks strengths have always been his game sense and composure. He's known when to drop back, when to keep the ball in, and when to move it on.

He now seems to be picking the wrong option every time. I don't know whether it's the Captaincy, the injuries, or his years as a one-out workhorse, but given he was already an athletically limited Ruck who is generally a non event in the tapouts, the inability to compete in the contest makes him a liability.

At his best, I couldn't give a stuff about tap outs. He would compete at ground level, make the oppo second guess themselves, get to the right spots and be a marking presence around the ground. He would get stoppages when we need them, or find players outside, if that's what the moment called for. He can't do none of that, and also be a poor tap ruckman.

0 contested marks.

In the last two games he's taken 3 marks TOTAL.

I'm going to say injuries are compounding a run of poor form.

But we can't keep carrying him because he's captain.

Reactions: 1 user