Nankervis !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nankervis !!

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
He was horrible out of the middle.

The king of tapouts to opposition advantage.

He's making poor decisions ball in hand, and coughing it up in ways he never has. Nanks strengths have always been his game sense and composure. He's known when to drop back, when to keep the ball in, and when to move it on.

He now seems to be picking the wrong option every time. I don't know whether it's the Captaincy, the injuries, or his years as a one-out workhorse, but given he was already an athletically limited Ruck who is generally a non event in the tapouts, the inability to compete in the contest makes him a liability.

At his best, I couldn't give a stuff about tap outs. He would compete at ground level, make the oppo second guess themselves, get to the right spots and be a marking presence around the ground. He would get stoppages when we need them, or find players outside, if that's what the moment called for. He can't do none of that, and also be a poor tap ruckman.

0 contested marks.

In the last two games he's taken 3 marks TOTAL.

I'm going to say injuries are compounding a run of poor form.

But we can't keep carrying him because he's captain.
He is playing with an injured PCL.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
29 disposals, 42 hitouts, 7 inside 50s, 8 clearances, 14 contested possies, 21 effective disposals (most), 72% disposal efficiency, 304metres gained. Just a complete performance.

Reactions: 7 users

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
Unfortunately it hasn’t just been K Cornes bagging this bloke lately. Some even preferring Soldo, so dumb it’s hilarious

wammo

We're from Tigerland
May 16, 2007
Huge game by the big man.
Showed all the reasons that we love him tonight.

At his best he is an extra clearance player, an intercept marker and an attacking mid. Did all of that tonight.

Reactions: 2 users

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Unfortunately it hasn’t just been K Cornes bagging this bloke lately. Some even preferring Soldo, so dumb it’s hilarious
Yep. If you followed the game just by reading the match thread on here, you would have thought he should have been subbed off. Made out he was one of ports best.
Awesome game by Nank

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Huge game by the big man.
Showed all the reasons that we love him tonight.

At his best he is an extra clearance player, an intercept marker and an attacking mid. Did all of that tonight.
Spot on, wam!

And to all the Nank haters - BACK IN YA BOX!!!! :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Up against a pretty mediocre ruck division that has strangely caused some problems for other teams the last month or so. And the big fella absolutely towelled them.

Reactions: 1 user