Nankervis !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nankervis !!

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Still not jumping. Nank's leg speed has been fine for weeks.

If rest will help he'll get that this week. (But maybe it's more about confidence than observable damage.)

Samson Ryan should wipe the floor with Nick Bryan and given that Draper plays ten minutes of football per week, should be able to hold his own there. Miller can get a workout. And give one.

Burge is suggesting the PCL is not something you rest. (Not definitive.) But if it helps we have a chance to do that.

If it's a confidence thing Nankervis won't get it much easier than the Essendon bratz. (Mind you, I thought that about Fat Boy.) Nank did destroy anti-ruck Finlayson. He may not be far off.

My guess is that Nank gets a licence to run the bratz of their legs this week.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Toby Nankervis. Richmond captain. It wasn't good. He kept punching. And how good would it have been if in the last 30 seconds he had actually killed the ball? OMG! Nank has killed the ball!

Instead it fell to a bloke who can't play. Who won the game. Much like Cam Zurhaar did. That time Norfs ran the same set play on our captain TWICE. No disgrace there. Norfs are really good.

Does Nanks need soul searching? He's done that. He knows the truth.

Never again should Dimma mount the Shed Sled to vaunt the unkempt foliage of Loch Nankervis. A slain knight has lain there fir longer that Laird Damien will allow.

Let him join us in announcing - the knight is slain.

Reactions: 3 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
More proof that winning tap outs doesn’t necessarily mean that much.

Won the tap outs 55 to 16 yet lost the clearances 47 to 41.

Your ruckman either needs to put it down someone’s throat over and over (very hard to do) or he needs to be taking marks, getting possessions around the ground. Otherwise, just getting a first hand on it in the ruck contest doesn’t mean that much.

Tap outs are one of the most overrated stats in football.

Reactions: 4 users

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
It was infuriating watching him tap it or punch it to lions players set up on the same side every time. I would rather have seen him punch it 10m away from Neale - regardless of who was there.

Reactions: 3 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
More proof that winning tap outs doesn’t necessarily mean that much.

Won the tap outs 55 to 16 yet lost the clearances 47 to 41.

Your ruckman either needs to put it down someone’s throat over and over (very hard to do) or he needs to be taking marks, getting possessions around the ground. Otherwise, just getting a first hand on it in the ruck contest doesn’t mean that much.

Tap outs are one of the most overrated stats in football.
Yep said it for years , gun clearence players don’t need good tap rucks , they just read it off whoever is winning the tap . It’s such a rare thing the perfect tap from the big doofuses , that’s why the commemtators get all excited when they see one , it’s as if they’ve seen a dodo bird .

In saying that I think we’re a bit hard on Nank , thought he was in our best, busted a gut for the team , however in saying that I think he was the perfect example of what our team were instructed to do , get it an move it straight away , never seen Nank kick on his right so much …thought we needed a bit more slow play composure at times last night, it’s ok to be scoring quickly but we were letting them play there fast scoring way as well

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Toby Nankervis. Richmond captain. It wasn't good. He kept punching. And how good would it have been if in the last 30 seconds he had actually killed the ball? OMG! Nank has killed the ball!

Instead it fell to a bloke who can't play. Who won the game. Much like Cam Zurhaar did. That time Norfs ran the same set play on our captain TWICE. No disgrace there. Norfs are really good.

Never again should Dimma mount the Shed Sled to vaunt the unkempt foliage of Loch Nankervis. A slain knight has lain there fir longer that Laird Damien will allow.

William Shakesdyerere.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Everything he touched turn to crap.
My son wanted to get his autography after the game.
I had to hold my son back in case Nank touched him and he turned into a pile of crap.

• Haha

Cooper O'Reilly

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 5, 2021
A very strange choice as captain I would have thought.

It will be interesting to see if the club continues with Grimes and Nank next year

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Is Nank cooked?
Nank reminds me of how Maric ended up after shouldering much of the ruck burden as the lone ruck for most of his games
Cant jump at centre bounces slow around the ground doesn’t apply scoreboard pressure and doesn’t take pack marks

Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

Agree Jack. Very disappointed in his terrible game last night (and some this season) especially as a skipper.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
It's an issue. Short ruckman with a bung knee, turning 29. Can only sometimes beat non-ruckmen and can be got by proper ones.

Captain. Warrior. Sometime liability.

Clear heads and no sentiment. Honest discussions. What if Soldo gets back to where he was going pre-knee? (We can't play both.)

You can't stick stubbornly with your liability just because he's captain.

Reactions: 4 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
It's an issue. Short ruckman with a bung knee, turning 29. Can only sometimes beat non-ruckmen and can be got by proper ones.

Captain. Warrior. Sometime liability.

Clear heads and no sentiment. Honest discussions. What if Soldo gets back to where he was going pre-knee? (We can't play both.)

You can't stick stubbornly with your liability just because he's captain.
Problem is, is that Soldo has been tracking poorly post knee

Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Problem is, is that Soldo has been tracking poorly post knee
Yes but knees take time to recover from, especially for big blokes. If he doesn't improve next year we're in a bit of doo-doo. We've seen Nank's best, IMO. Not destined for a long career.

Ryan will get some games next year but probably 2-3 years from being a senior ruck.

Reactions: 2 users