Nankervis !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nankervis !!

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
It's an issue. Short ruckman with a bung knee, turning 29. Can only sometimes beat non-ruckmen and can be got by proper ones.

Captain. Warrior. Sometime liability.

Clear heads and no sentiment. Honest discussions. What if Soldo gets back to where he was going pre-knee? (We can't play both.)

You can't stick stubbornly with your liability just because he's captain.
This is a Blue Keeler set up.

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Keeler is years away from any significant impact in the ruck at AFL. And in my view is a forward first.

We all heart Nank. No one wants an Old Yeller situation.
Geepers Nank has hip dysplasia ? No wonder he can’t jump.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
One and only player I'd get from the Bummers is Draper. Not sure Ryan is ready next season for ruck.

Reactions: 1 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Nanks has being playing injured for a while now so no wonder he is down on performance. Never has been a top tap ruckman but a good spoiler and a terror around the ground. That we need a good ruck to give us a chance of first use of the ball just like when Miller was rucking we had better use time and again. Not saying Ben is the answer but we need a dominant ruck to feed our burgeoning mids. Maybe if Soldo can get his knee and mind right we still have one but if not we have to look elsewhere as we have nothing quite ready in the pipeline

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Everything he touched turn to crap.
Yep. With Oscar out in the first few minutes the big Nankster had the ruck on toast. Unfortunately he kept dropping the toast butter side down n getting cat pubes all over it.
Poor bugger worked his arse off n dominated, didn't matter what he tried though it simply turned to crap every time.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Yep. With Oscar out in the first few minutes the big Nankster had the ruck on toast. Unfortunately he kept dropping the toast butter side down n getting cat pubes all over it.
Poor bugger worked his arse off n dominated, didn't matter what he tried though it simply turned to crap every time.
Tragic.

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
Played most of the year injured, pretty sure i read he was playing through a PCL. Nanks death had been called a couple of years ago prematurely, lets not make the same mistake.

Have a good break, recover and get him right and lets see if we get the old warrior back for 2023!.

jamo

The face of Evil
Apr 23, 2004
melbourne
Nank played some of the most stupid football I have seen in that final from a triple premiership player, to the point that he single handedly cost the game, he let Neale play off him for 4 qtrs, he tapped the ball to dangerous positions in their forward line time and time again, he actually tapped it straight to Joe the goose for the winning goal, and what a joke of a goal that was , 5v1 and he gets it. Nank should have dominated that game by just running straight through and punching it 30 m forward every bounce, instead he just continued to tap it straight down their throats, granted he did start taking it out of the ruck, but ended up just kicking it straight to them anyway, the midfield were just as dumb and needed to set up to stop Neal, but they just watched instead. Richmond should have smashed Brisbane, and instead they played selfish bruise free footy, fun to watch but not effective to play a shoot out for 4 qtrs.

Big Tiger

Tiger Rookie
Jul 15, 2013
Particularly in the first half, he was grabbing the ball and trying to handball and get the perfect exit and we/he kept stuffing it up with Castagnaesque handballs and the ball ended up with Neale every time. With the 6 6 6 rule, he should have just kicked it forward to one on ones. Then when he wasn't grabbing it, he was hitting it lace out to Neale, some of the dumbest ruckwork I've ever seen.

jamo

The face of Evil
Apr 23, 2004
melbourne
Particularly in the first half, he was grabbing the ball and trying to handball and get the perfect exit and we/he kept stuffing it up with Castagnaesque handballs and the ball ended up with Neale every time. With the 6 6 6 rule, he should have just kicked it forward to one on ones. Then when he wasn't grabbing it, he was hitting it lace out to Neale, some of the dumbest ruckwork I've ever seen.
All he needed to do was smash into the smaller player and just punch the ball 30m every time. The game was the same as the season, a wasted opportunity, the Tigers were top 2 if they won the games they should have

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
He can't kick.
His groins are fked.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Triple premiership ruckman and married to a very nice looking blonde.

Nank living the dream.
It seems that to cotton on to stunning beauty you need to be a sportsman in the AFl or any sport for that matter.
Can't remember any wag who would be classed as non beautiful.
Is that me being racist in today's woke world?

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
It seems that to cotton on to stunning beauty you need to be a sportsman in the AFl or any sport for that matter.
Can't remember any wag who would be classed as non beautiful.
Is that me being racist in today's woke world?
Are you calling your wife ugly?

• Haha