Nathan Freeman…….Any takers | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nathan Freeman…….Any takers

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
All well and good having no hamstring issues for a year or two. Question is at what level is he playing footy now? Surely the fitness load won't be anywhere near what's required at AFL level.
Dunno. Lambert was a similar ball magnet in the VFL but transitioned nicely.

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Heard he had a few attitude issues early on in his AFL career. Maybe he’s overcome those (if they were real to begin with.) But anyway, too many chronic injury issues for my liking.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Yep, Garrett McDonagh, hardly a kid, I think he is 26
Yeah, he’s from the Northern knights cohort of 2013:

2013 TAC Cup, Round 14
Saturday July 27, 2:00pm
Preston City Oval

NORTHERN KNIGHTS 4.3 | 5.4 | 12.7 | 13.10 (88)
GEELONG FALCONS 1.4 | 4.10 | 8.12 | 11.15 (81)

Goals:

Northern:
J. Castagna 2, J. Short 2, M. Bontempelli 2, B. Lennon, K. Malone, S. Switkowski, K. Langford, L. Hunt, J. Turner, G. McDonagh

Reactions: 1 user

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Any program worth it's salt would back itself to overcome hamstring issues.
On going Hamstring issues can be cause by lower back problems.
I’m sure all clubs know this but makes you wonder why it’s never been fixed? Maybe it can’t.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
It’s certainly buyer beware for Freeman. His last season in the AFL was 2018, he managed only 2 AFL games in 5 seasons. In 2019 at Frankston he managed only 11 games due to injury. 2020 he played none due to Covid and in 2021 he’s played 5.

I‘d be steering clear.

Reactions: 3 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Certainly getting a lot of the footy in the 5 VFL games this year.
High risk / high reward

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Its a NO from me
He has shot hamstrings and the only reason he is staying on the park at a lower level is due to the work load being less than half what would be expected at AFL level and the pace of the games he is playing in.

Blake Schlensog makes the most sense for Richmond or just go best 19 year old mid

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Dunno. Lambert was a similar ball magnet in the VFL but transitioned nicely.
Lamblett never had five years of hamstring issues, just couldn't find any club with enough brains to give him an opportunity. Freeman's had two clubs never got close to getting his body capable of standing up to the loadings required for AFL level performance.
Not questioning whether the bloke has the ability to play the game well, questioning whether his hamstrings are capable of standing up to the increased load to allow him to get out on the field consistently.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Certainly getting a lot of the footy in the 5 VFL games this year.
High risk / high reward
The thing is that it's not really high risk. If his hammies go again he will have only been listed for the rest of 2021

I hear that there are one or two others interested who have picks before us anyway

Reactions: 1 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
The thing is that it's not really high risk. If his hammies go again he will have only been listed for the rest of 2021

I hear that there are one or two others interested who have picks before us anyway
Agree, plus I think he is the most likely to be playing seniors and help us win finals.
Picking a young kid will be unlikely to give advantage in September

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne

Pies gonna re draft him so they can add him to their Injury list and make it another name longer.

• Haha