Nathan Freeman…….Any takers | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nathan Freeman…….Any takers

Martyg

Tiger Cub
Mar 22, 2014
Personally has pace and a big body to complete at AFL level, the only knock appears to be on his disposal …..worth a punt I think

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Kid can certainly play, just has never been able to get ion the park.

Someone may well take a Punt on him, I'd not be too upset if it was the RFC.

Any idea on who the club might be looking at what about McDonough was it the kid that blitzed pre season game?

Last edited:

eddazol

Tiger Superstar
Sep 22, 2014
He can play but has a long history of hamstring injuries. Hopefully he can get a good run of playing footy.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Personally has pace and a big body to complete at AFL level, the only knock appears to be on his disposal …..worth a punt I think
Agree. He wasn't a dud footballer.
He just kept on getting injured.
Out of all the nominees he is the stand out.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Kid can certainly play, just has never been able to get ion the park.

Someone may well take a Punt on him, I'd not be too upset if it was the RFC.

Any idea on who the club might be looking at what about McDonough was it the kid that blitzed pre season game?
Yep, Garrett McDonagh, hardly a kid, I think he is 26

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Chronic hamstrings in the teenage years seem to get better in a lot of players. Grimes is a good example. Trying to think if Astbury's early bout of injuries were hammy, but I think they might have been knee.

Heard Freeman on the wireless yesterday or Monday. Said he's been injury free since 2019 and completed his first full preseason this year and played every game so far. Was Pick 10 so obviously a handy junior. I wouldn't mind him as a mid-season pick. But we'd need to see how good his pirouette is in case he debuts in the Grand Final

5SKULL5

What stands in the way, becomes the way!
Dec 20, 2004
Melbourne
Surely on past experience we go for the best available WAFL player.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Chronic hamstrings in the teenage years seem to get better in a lot of players. Grimes is a good example. Trying to think if Astbury's early bout of injuries were hammy, but I think they might have been knee.

Heard Freeman on the wireless yesterday or Monday. Said he's been injury free since 2019 and completed his first full preseason this year and played every game so far. Was Pick 10 so obviously a handy junior. I wouldn't mind him as a mid-season pick. But we'd need to see how good his pirouette is in case he debuts in the Grand Final
Darcy Moore is another

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
All well and good having no hamstring issues for a year or two. Question is at what level is he playing footy now? Surely the fitness load won't be anywhere near what's required at AFL level.

Reactions: 1 user