National Draft on November 23 (HeraldSun) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

National Draft on November 23 (HeraldSun)

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
National Draft on November 23
31 July 2003 Herald Sun

THIS year's national AFL draft will be conducted from 11am on Sunday, November 23.

Channel 10 will show a highlights package of the draft that afternoon.

The national pre-season draft is on December 16.

The player exchange period will precede the drafts in mid-October, while the draft camp is set for September 30.

"Last year we moved the exchange period away from the immediate period after the Grand Final at the request of the clubs, and that format has been retained," AFL football operations manager Andrew Demetriou said yesterday.

"The national AFL draft camp will be held after the Grand Final, allowing the 16 clubs to assess the potential talent . . . before deciding what to do with their club lists."

Still wish theyd haev the draft on live. Why let Channel 10 host it later as a replay of highlights when Fox footy could do it live and probably do it better? Ridiculous not having it live.

Agree Shawry. These current broadcasters at times do not offer the coverage we used to get.

At least there has been some good news on the TV front. Word is strong that Channel 7 will bid for the next lot of rights in 2006 as they have final right to bid.

Only problem that i have with that Lil is that there will not be as many live games. I am a big fan of live football and Fox Footy and the current stations provide that to me. with seven how many games can they fit in live. Especially here where al lwe wever realyl get are Crows and Port games with the others arranged around them often not live. Sundays are shithouse./

Ch 9 treat us in NSW like s##t. I'm praying 7 get it back. As it is now, if 9 are showing the British Open Darts the first thing to make way for it is AFL. 7 were much more reliable, and I can't see one jot of difference between the commentary staff - except that Bruce leaves Eddie for dead. Some weekends there isn't even a game shown on 9 or 10 in the afternoon!

shawry said:
Only problem that i have with that Lil is that there will not be as many live games. I am a big fan of live football and Fox Footy and the current stations provide that to me. with seven how many games can they fit in live. Especially here where al lwe wever realyl get are Crows and Port games with the others arranged around them often not live. Sundays are sh!thouse./

Sorry Shawry I didn't explain things to well. THe status quo for the number of lives game would remain the same. So Fox would show 3 and 7 would have the other 5. There wouldn't be a change there - however, hopefully there would more chance of interstate games being shown in Melb. Rather than the continuing circus of Channel 10 on Saturday nigghts where we usually get the game being played in Melbourne 20 minutes on delay rather than a live game from interstate

The point I was making is things like the draft, Friday night games being shown into parts of NSW and the Gold Coast are no longer happening under this agreement. If 7 were to get the rights back - these things would change. 7 showed then before and I have no doubt would again. If the free to air channels don't want to show the draft - Fox should be able to but under the current agreement they can't and it ticks me off :mad:

Personally, I find it an absolute disgrace that Wagga Wagga for example do not get live Friday night footy anymore. :mad: