Naughty Boys, (Stack & CJ), to return to PRO early Dec for training | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Naughty Boys, (Stack & CJ), to return to PRO early Dec for training

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
It is what it is

If he doesnt want it then we move on to the next young kid that does want it - Simple
he was a free experiment when we drafted him and wont be the end of the world if he leaves but he will be the player that misses out

No Idea if the news is true or just a rumour but i wont let it worry me too much as he was not integral to our last 2 premierships and wont be a massive loss if he doesnt want it.

It is what it is

Reactions: 6 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Never known a kid to have so many of his own supporters against him , no he hasn’t been the perfect speaking and acting private school educated kid, he’s shown he can play footy , however may not have the discipline to be an AFL player , ffs dosent make him a bad young man, he’s just a normal young kid having harmless fun , other then kebab gate . Incredible what’s perceived from the last minute of the first training session of pre season. If he’s *smile* up an careers over so be it , if he hasn’t hopefully he can prove his social media trolls wrong .

Reactions: 16 users

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Putting this one to bed now, it can't be true cause it ain't on Bigfooty

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Can’t be an elite sports person and live the lifestyle he wants to live . Something has to give .

Reactions: 1 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Stackman could release a single and call it 'Kebab Rap'
it would be a hit then he wouldn't have to play footy ..

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Never known a kid to have so many of his own supporters against him , no he hasn’t been the perfect speaking and acting private school educated kid, he’s shown he can play footy , however may not have the discipline to be an AFL player , ffs dosent make him a bad young man, he’s just a normal young kid having harmless fun , other then kebab gate . Incredible what’s perceived from the last minute of the first training session of pre season. If he’s *smile* up an careers over so be it , if he hasn’t hopefully he can prove his social media trolls wrong .

C'mon Mr B if you think our opinions are based solely on one training session or just one $%%# up you would be wrong. If you think we want any Richmond player to fail let alone a supremely talented one that's also not true.
Some of us are just not willing to overlook all else forsake of talent.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Looks like he is back home. Anyone willing to say what he has done?

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
C'mon Mr B if you think our opinions are based solely on one training session or just one $%%# up you would be wrong. If you think we want any Richmond player to fail let alone a supremely talented one that's also not true.
Some of us are just not willing to overlook all else forsake of talent.
No I think a lot of ”opinions” are based on wrong info.

I said sometime back I had doubts he has what it takes in the discipline department to stay in the AFL , however none of the things he has done have not been done on a weekly bases from all clubs in the AFL for years, that’s not saying it’s the correct way, but facts are his a young man trying to find his way in life.

I just think it’s ridiculous for so many to be so harsh on a kid who likes a beer, has been in 2 off field ” disputes” both times wasn’t the instigator and both times sticking up for his teammates, personally I’d prefer that in a kid then a Kane Cornes type who sneaks out the back door. Let’s remember he didn’t throw punches he tried to break things up. The curfew thing was plain immature , unprofessional and stupid , however I think his well an truly payed the price .

On first day of PRE season training we only have caesars much appreciated report that he was miles behind in the final run, maybe he’d Won the first 5 and was simply cactus in the last , he may not be super fit , however he looks like his looked after himself via the pictures , though I’m not a tik tok man I don’t see any harm in him doing this , kids his age do,could have something to do with him wanting to be an actor , who knows , I know
that’s what he wants to do after footy.

Plenty may be able to say “told you so” in 24 hours , I have no idea if his upset the club, but like I’ve said I’ve never seen supporters have such “ can’t do anything right attitude “ to a young Richmond footballer .

Many on here wrapped their arms around Benny Cousins , I think the number 32 was the biggest selling jumper then , we also had Shai Bolton been at the tail of the running drills before he became a plAyer , but there was nothing like this criticism coming his way . I’m sure many won’t paint it this way , however I don’t believe outside a COVID breach , Syd has done anything dramatically illegal like some would want you to believe.

Im not sticking up for Syd because of my relationship with him, I’m sticking up for him because hes a Tiger who’s IMHO been targeted all over social media unfairly.

For the record I think Syds an immature, cocky, good young bloke , who could be a bloody good player , only time will tell #44

edit: the “info” going around after kebab gate from “sources” from the club that he was sacked or going to be sacked in the next few weeks , again he may get shown the door soon, however the “sources” were wrong in that instance

*smile* I hate talking off field gossip

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
I’ll happily keep supporting Syd with fingers in my ears until proven blind with a club statement.

As a Richmond supporter, I spent many years learning how to cling to hope.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
Nothing in the WA papers and going on normal form they'd be all over it if he had done something offside.
Interestingly the photo that he posted on the 7th, with his new girlfriend, was taken in Perth.
Either that was an old photo or he's been able to flit backwards and forwards between Melbourne and Perth somehow.

deedee

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 12, 2011
No I think a lot of ”opinions” are based on wrong info.

I said sometime back I had doubts he has what it takes in the discipline department to stay in the AFL , however none of the things he has done have not been done on a weekly bases from all clubs in the AFL for years, that’s not saying it’s the correct way, but facts are his a young man trying to find his way in life.

I just think it’s ridiculous for so many to be so harsh on a kid who likes a beer, has been in 2 off field ” disputes” both times wasn’t the instigator and both times sticking up for his teammates, personally I’d prefer that in a kid then a Kane Cornes type who sneaks out the back door. Let’s remember he didn’t throw punches he tried to break things up. The curfew thing was plain immature , unprofessional and stupid , however I think his well an truly payed the price .

On first day of PRE season training we only have caesars much appreciated report that he was miles behind in the final run, maybe he’d Won the first 5 and was simply cactus in the last , he may not be super fit , however he looks like his looked after himself via the pictures , though I’m not a tik tok man I don’t see any harm in him doing this , kids his age do,could have something to do with him wanting to be an actor , who knows , I know
that’s what he wants to do after footy.

Plenty may be able to say “told you so” in 24 hours , I have no idea if his upset the club, but like I’ve said I’ve never seen supporters have such “ can’t do anything right attitude “ to a young Richmond footballer .

Many on here wrapped their arms around Benny Cousins , I think the number 32 was the biggest selling jumper then , we also had Shai Bolton been at the tail of the running drills before he became a plAyer , but there was nothing like this criticism coming his way . I’m sure many won’t paint it this way , however I don’t believe outside a COVID breach , Syd has done anything dramatically illegal like some would want you to believe.

Im not sticking up for Syd because of my relationship with him, I’m sticking up for him because hes a Tiger who’s IMHO been targeted all over social media unfairly.

For the record I think Syds an immature, cocky, good young bloke , who could be a bloody good player , only time will tell #44

edit: the “info” going around after kebab gate from “sources” from the club that he was sacked or going to be sacked in the next few weeks , again he may get shown the door soon, however the “sources” were wrong in that instance

*smile* I hate talking off field gossip
Sounds like rose colored glasses to me, but each to their own opinion.

Reactions: 1 user

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Turned up 1 hr late to training smelling of alcohol, strippers, kfc and kebabs holding some chopsticks.

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Big shame job for all the gossip merchants if this is all crap. Which I think it is. I a agree with @Mr Brightside that there has been an unprecedented amount of rubbish thrown at syd. Maybe he’s gone to see a sick relative.

Reactions: 5 users