Neil Balme - Bring him back | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Neil Balme - Bring him back

5SKULL5

What stands in the way, becomes the way!
Dec 20, 2004
Melbourne
Very similar to David Cloke’s brother, Peter
I remember Peter Cloke as quite talented but had Royce to contend with as a CHF rival. Around the same time we had Glynn Hewitt, Lleytons dad, also talented but nobody could be compared to the Rolls Royce.

Reactions: 1 user

Glenn Martin

Tiger Cub
Mar 27, 2014
Who really knows? So many scenarios! Fly and Leppa going while they were on top and enhancing their future positions. Balme has done his job to perfection, now to move on. Comes a times when Hardwick, Peggy & Gale will leave, we must note that these three individuals have really accomplished their major tasks for Richmond, that is strong culture, strong performance, strong financial positions and winning premierships. Now before that go, work towards continued success (culture, football dept, future coach, finance, etc). Leppa, Fly & Balme have done their bit, however, Peggy, Gale and Hardwick needs more time to ensure we become the big powerhouse in the future. For those who have left, i say "for what you're done for Richmond, I salute you". GO TIGERS...GO RICHMOND GO.
Sure did, Craig played full back for us in ‘83 before moving to Norwood (where Neil was coaching) and had a long career with them.
lol

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
We all love Balmy, but what has his actual role been lately?

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
We all love Balmy, but what has his actual role been lately?
Exactly. Part of his role was to mentor and elevate Tim Livingstone and Blair Hartley and he has officially just been a consultant in recent times
There is no announcement from the club as yet. It is quite a strange situation.

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Rather than the chicken manure scandal all those ages ago can we order a carton of vanilla slices to Punt Rd Attention Sensai Guru? :))
(if this is true!)

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
So Adelaide doesn't want him to run their footy department and haven't defined a role for him yet. In other words, they just want to take him out of Richmond.

*smile* off Crows.

Reactions: 1 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Said He’s contracted til the end of 2022. And he’ll see out his contract