Neil Balme - Bring him back | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Neil Balme - Bring him back

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
The vanilla slices are better in Melbourne.

True, but with Balme I think it's more about affordability. They are cheaper in Adelaide and at the rate he consumes them the cost makes a big difference

Reactions: 1 user

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
True, but with Balme I think it's more about affordability. They are cheaper in Adelaide and at the rate he consumes them the cost makes a big difference

Surely RFC could get a vanilla slice sponsor for Balme. There would be sufficient space on his shirts for a few advertisers to stitch their names.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Surely RFC could get a vanilla slice sponsor for Balme. There would be sufficient space on his shirts for a few advertisers to stitch their names.

With the AFL being the way it is, the retail cost would be subtracted from our softcap. We're already down 100k, not sure we can afford another 150k reduction on top of that

• Haha

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I thought he was basically retiring, he is 68. Get a nice cushy role at Richmond for his retirement and live a happy life.

Why would he want to go and try to save another club at 68?

DS

• Sad
Reactions: 8 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Balmey stated he was going to wind it all up with the Tigers, said it was something akin to going full circle starting and finishing at the Tigers.

Who knows.

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Will be surprised if Balmey goes to another club especially interstate considering from face value he's essentially a consultant at the club now. The way i read Caesar's article link from late last year is Livingston and Hartley are the heir(s) apparent (probably Livingston taking over the top job) and therefore given more senior roles this year.

It seems this year has been a baptism of fire for these two given the hub experience without Balme present and it clearly has been demonstrated they still have a lot of learning to do. Not happy Balme appears to be either leaving or retiring very soon but I can't see him working forever.

Reactions: 1 users

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
Yeah but in Adelaide they won’t be called vanilla slices so you don’t know what you are going to get.
They will be called Vanilla Fritz’s or Vanilla Pastey’s or something odd like that, because, *smile*, they are “Free Settlers“ you know!

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Yeah but in Adelaide they won’t be called vanilla slices so you don’t know what you are going to get.
They will be called Vanilla Fritz’s or Vanilla Pastey’s or something odd like that, because, *smile*, they are “Free Settlers“ you know!

Vanilla Floaters

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
Our local bakery makes great vanilla slices, the custard is so light, fantastic for the taste buds but not the bod.
Anyway the bakery is called Gusto’s, I will hit them up to sponsor Balmey with an XXXL T for ol’ No 21 with a slogan of:

“Gusto’s Vanilla Slices built this body”

• Haha

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
What you reckon he’s broke , I think he’d have plenty in the can being 68 and working at elite level last 30y . I don’t think money would be a deciding factor in this , sounds Li,ke a mammoth job to take on in the shadows of retirement

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
What you reckon he’s broke , I think he’d have plenty in the can being 68 and working at elite level last 30y . I don’t think money would be a deciding factor in this , sounds Li,ke a mammoth job to take on in the shadows of retirement
Should have said, plenty of $ and the prospect of building the club up.
Hasn’t he spent time in Adelaide , coached , from Adelaide??

Of course he doesn’t need $.
Maybe one last challenge before that’s it.

Like many of us have said and I will say it again, I would be down if he left because I thought he would finish with the Tigers ...

RedanTiger

Tiger Champion
Nov 21, 2004
Vanilla Floaters
Could tempt Balme with the thought of pie floaters on every corner mmmmmmm
Thinking about a Vanilla Floater in a bowl of what? Cream?
How is it that pie floaters are so good and Sargents pies are the worst in Australia.
What were those deep fried delights in Qld? Bacon bars?
Almost as good as Melbourne souvlakis.

Must go cook dinner.

• Haha

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Our local bakery makes great vanilla slices, the custard is so light, fantastic for the taste buds but not the bod.
Anyway the bakery is called Gusto’s, I will hit them up to sponsor Balmey with an XXXL T for ol’ No 21 with a slogan of:

“Gusto’s Vanilla Slices built this body”

I like your thinking, Tenacious. Sounds like a plan.

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
I would like the Subiaco superman to stay in some capacity. Keep the connection to the club and provide some wise counsel when required. A part time role could be win/win.

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Should have said, plenty of $ and the prospect of building the club up.
Hasn’t he spent time in Adelaide , coached , from Adelaide??

Of course he doesn’t need $.
Maybe one last challenge before that’s it.

Like many of us have said and I will say it again, I would be down if he left because I thought he would finish with the Tigers ...
Used to coach Norwood, also married to an SA lady I think.
Crows are going hard for him.
Have heard plenty about him going to Crows.
Ricciuto alludded to "some excellent news in the off season" recently.

• Sad

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Could tempt Balme with the thought of pie floaters on every corner mmmmmmm
How is it that pie floaters are so good
A pie with sauce floating in a bowl of boiled pea snot. Forty seven years after first seeing one, even the mere thought of consuming such a delicacy still gives me the horrors.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users