Neil Balme - Bring him back | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Neil Balme - Bring him back

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
West End, colloquially known as "wife beaters". Horrible stuff.

Used to enjoy Coopers (sparkling or pale ale) but have been off beer for years.
The entire coopers range is top notch

Reactions: 3 users

sconies

Tiger Rookie
Aug 22, 2019
welp.
Caroline Wilson on Footy Classified just then said that Balme had spoken to Mark Ricciuto late last week and told him he was staying at Richmond.

• Love
Reactions: 18 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Caroline Wilson on Footy Classified just then said that Balme had spoken to Mark Ricciuto late last week and told him he was staying at Richmond.
Always take Balme’s word with a pinch of salt.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Balmey on Talking Tiger's admitted he had talked to Adelaide, but staying at Richmond is his plan.

He may be ageing but the club still needs to utilize him properly and make him feel valued.

Reactions: 15 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Everyone in the footy industry knows Balme is one of the best and smartest operators going around. Any AFL club would love to have a man of his experience and calibre at their club.
That said, it is imperative that RFC continue to find a way to make Balme's role relevant and central to the daily operations of the footy department,
I have no doubt that Brendan Gale and others have this front and centre in their thinking.
Balme will eventually leave the footy game as a Richmond legend, both on and off the field.

Reactions: 6 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Aren’t some of the great managers/ coaches in Soccer an other sports around the world in their 60s and 70s ?

Reactions: 1 users

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Everyone in the footy industry knows Balme is one of the best and smartest operators going around. Any AFL club would love to have a man of his experience and calibre at their club.
That said, it is imperative that RFC continue to find a way to make Balme's role relevant and central to the daily operations of the footy department,
I have no doubt that Brendan Gale and others have this front and centre in their thinking.
Balme will eventually leave the footy game as a Richmond legend, both on and off the field.
Balmey created the existing structure that elevated livo and Hartley in order to protect them from being poached

Reactions: 3 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Balmey on Talking Tiger's admitted he had talked to Adelaide, but staying at Richmond is his plan.

He may be ageing but the club still needs to utilize him properly and make him feel valued.
Probably meet to talk about potential trades and the free vanilla slice on offer.

• Haha

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
I saw this in the HUN today in The Score page in “ the whisper” section and wondered if it might refer to us and Balmey, and if so, how so? Or is it just some made up crap :)

” Has some fancy accounting with its salary cap come back to bite one contender who can’t call on a key off-field general because of the change in his employment title?”

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
I saw this in the HUN today in The Score page in “ the whisper” section and wondered if it might refer to us and Balmey, and if so, how so? Or is it just some made up crap :)

” Has some fancy accounting with its salary cap come back to bite one contender who can’t call on a key off-field general because of the change in his employment title?”

More off field undiscipline.
Cornes is right. We really are rabble.

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014

Is the whisper section a cover for journalists to just make up *smile* without needing to put their name to it? Sounds like something out of Women's Weekly.

On second thought, it sounds like something Jon Ralph would say.

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne

What does the salary cap have to do with payments to off-field staff?

It may well be about Balmey, if they meant to say soft cap not salary cap. But I always thought Balme's change in role was to do with apprenticing a couple of people as he transitions to retirement.

DS

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
What does the salary cap have to do with payments to off-field staff?

It may well be about Balmey, if they meant to say soft cap not salary cap. But I always thought Balme's change in role was to do with apprenticing a couple of people as he transitions to retirement.

DS

Correct Balmey's Livingstone's & Hartley's role changes happened in Nov last year before Covid and Soft Cap changes