Neil Balme - Bring him back | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Neil Balme - Bring him back

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
the Great man was on SEN this morning.
Will be staying with the Tigers for the next two years.

Crows did make a pitch to him. It happened. It was a genuine attempt and he considered BUT due to his health concerns decided to stay put.

He didn’t elaborate nor was asked about ‘his health’. Fair enough. Does anyone know ( it’s ok if it’s a personal question I’m asking ) , is Balme ok?

Have a listen.
Brought a smile to my face knowing he is staying.

Balme has been the calming influence and has contributed greatly to our success thus far and to me he was a must to be retained by the club and not to lose him.

Reactions: 4 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
the Great man was on SEN this morning.
Will be staying with the Tigers for the next two years.

Crows did make a pitch to him. It happened. It was a genuine attempt and he considered BUT due to his health concerns decided to stay put.

He didn’t elaborate nor was asked about ‘his health’. Fair enough. Does anyone know ( it’s ok if it’s a personal question I’m asking ) , is Balme ok?

Have a listen.
Brought a smile to my face knowing he is staying.

Balme has been the calming influence and has contributed greatly to our success thus far and to me he was a must to be retained by the club and not to lose him.

Balmey did advise members on a Zoom hook up the reason he was rushed to hospital and a vague diagnosis, (on SEN he called it a bit of an unusual medical condition).

As Balmey didn't disclose the further details on SEN, i won't do so here.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Balmey also mentioned on the Talking Tigers podcast last week that he had spoken to Adelaide but decided to stay at Richmond. This morning's SEN exclusive is 1.5 weeks old.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Balmey did advise members on a Zoom hook up the reason he was rushed to hospital and a vague diagnosis, (on SEN he called it a bit of an unusual medical condition).

Thanks Julius.
As I didn’t see the Zoom meeting I won’t ask what the issue is/was.
Just happy he is staying.
He is Richmond.

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

His vanilla blood count was off the charts

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

nswtiger

tiger army tiger army!! thank you very much
Feb 14, 2005
Nrth NSW
Balmey staying
its (old) news but it bloody great it has been confirmed by the great man

to top off this news is a big win tonight and the tigers cant lose this year on and off the field!!

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Great news that he's staying with the club. Can't buy this level of experience, knowledge and passion. He should retire on his terms. Invaluable.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Congratulations!
Neil Balme has won the 2020 Neale Daniher AFL Coaches Association Lifetime Achievement Award.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Congratulations!
Neil Balme has won the 2020 Neale Daniher AFL Coaches Association Lifetime Achievement Award.

He‘s been a Tiger great - and just talks so well too
His recent appearances on the Tiger Talk podcast have been fantastic listening

Reactions: 3 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Thanks God he stayed don't underestimate his contribution in our success.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Walked the dog round Yarra Park yesterday arvo and saw the great man entering PRO. Gave him a nod and a wave and got one back. :cool:

He's lost a lot of weight, no vanilla slices recently I'd reckon.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Walked the dog round Yarra Park yesterday arvo and saw the great man entering PRO. Gave him a nod and a wave and got one back. :cool:

I am waiting for the Collingwood board-election campaign to bring him back

Reactions: 1 user

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria

Yes, he has had some health issues obviously, off the drink & eating well he told us @ C80

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
If he's smart he should get his statue cast now. Cheaper for the club and people will eventually forget he was rotund if his statue is skinny.

• Haha