Neil Balme - Bring him back | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Neil Balme - Bring him back

nswtiger

tiger army tiger army!! thank you very much
Feb 14, 2005
Nrth NSW
Can’t wait until Sam writes an retraction n apologies for writing such crap … again

is there any accountability in that so called profession??
They just make stuff up to suit their bosses n the narrative that sells ad’s via a simple click

wankers!!
Our superstar…..was never leaving!!
Game on!!

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Balmey seems to be one of those extremely rare blokes who gets better looking with age?

or is that the premierships talking?

He seems to be giving Chris Scott a masterclass in how to grow a statesman beard.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Can’t wait until Sam writes an retraction n apologies for writing such crap … again

is there any accountability in that so called profession??
They just make stuff up to suit their bosses n the narrative that sells ad’s via a simple click

wankers!!
Our superstar…..was never leaving!!
Game on!!
He won’t. He’ll trot out the old ‘my sources told me’.

Bones17

Tiger Rookie
Jul 11, 2010
The Pines
I just posted on the 7 AFL Faceboook Page FAKE NEWS with a FAKE NEWS GIF. I don't know how long it will last but the majority of these journos should start writing children's fairytales.

Reactions: 1 user

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Bloody hell I love Balmey. I knew when we got him home that he’d right the ship and direct the wind into our sails. He was the final piece in the back room puzzle.

Never forget him roaming our forward line with his long hair and the 21 on his back. Bloody crazy bugger on the field who could take a grab and kick a goal.
Had one big year as no 1 ruck too

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
I just posted on the 7 AFL Faceboook Page FAKE NEWS with a FAKE NEWS GIF. I don't know how long it will last but the majority of these journos should start writing children's fairytales.
Bones ! Had forgotten that nickname. (Do players have nicknames now? )

Bones17

Tiger Rookie
Jul 11, 2010
The Pines
Bones ! Had forgotten that nickname. (Do players have nicknames now? )
When I was a youngster mid 1960's didn't know the significance of the number 17, got my first Richmond jumper and I was a Barry Richardson fan thought he was a fantastic player played forward, back etc. My junior football coach a South Melbourne supporter told me about the history of the number 17.
I am sure they do but don't hear too much about them. Didn't Shai Bolton get a nickname earlier this year that he didn't like? I think it was when he was wearing a protective guard.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
When I was a youngster mid 1960's didn't know the significance of the number 17, got my first Richmond jumper and I was a Barry Richardson fan thought he was a fantastic player played forward, back etc. My junior football coach a South Melbourne supporter told me about the history of the number 17.
I am sure they do but don't hear too much about them. Didn't Shai Bolton get a nickname earlier this year that he didn't like? I think it was when he was wearing a protective guard.
I was a big fan of Bones too, he missed a lot of footy due to a dodgy knee. There was another Bones that I liked, Bones McGhie.

1630365988293.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
I was going to say there might have been a bit of confusion at times. Couldn't think of two players with more contrasting looks, backgrounds, occupations.... but they were both premiership champions!

Reactions: 1 user

Bones17

Tiger Rookie
Jul 11, 2010
The Pines
Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
I think Bones Richardson had PCL injuries to both knees. In those days there was no such thing as an operation to repair them, so he played the later part of his career without them. That's why he had a strange way of walking & running.
I would imagine he's either had them operated on or possibly had knee replacements.