Neil Balme to Adelaide -Tell Them They Are Dreaming!!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Neil Balme to Adelaide -Tell Them They Are Dreaming!!!

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Balme is nearly 70 and has a long glorious list of achievements. He is part of a surging Richmond Club looking likely to be in contention to win more premierships in the next few years.

Why would he:
1) leave a club in the middle of a successful period where going to work is a pleasure
2) go to a club in disarray where he would have to roll his sleeves up, knock a few heads together (I get he is good at that) and work long long hours
3) live in Adelaide

Reactions: 4 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
He's moved clubs plenty of time before so not totally unrealistic.

He moved to us because the Pies shafted him. He just looks happy at Punt Road. I'd be shocked if he took another role after finishing with us. But if Adelaide can lure him across, good luck to them, they must be offering him a *smile* fortune

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Balme is nearly 70 and has a long glorious list of achievements. He is part of a surging Richmond Club looking likely to be in contention to win more premierships in the next few years.

Why would he:
1) leave a club in the middle of a successful period where going to work is a pleasure
2) go to a club in disarray where he would have to roll his sleeves up, knock a few heads together (I get he is good at that) and work long long hours
3) live in Adelaide
Only money. Can't see it happening

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
He will be 68 in January. You would expect it would take a lot of coin to move him out, especially if his children and grandchildren (if any) are based in Melbourne.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Must be up for a new contract at the Tig's. Sounds like a story leaked by his manager to get Benny and Peggy to up the $

Reactions: 1 user

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
If he does take the job, hope he leaves after 3 months saying the club is *smile*.

footballmonk

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 7, 2008
Balme did coach in SA for 12 years in the 80’s and early 90’s. However with us bang in the middle of our window I can’t see him leaving for an ageing team like Adelaide.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Think Balmey said once that the RFC was his last stop and would be done with footy after he finishes at the RFC.

A poetic type of full circle for his AFL time.

Started at the RFC as a player, finishes as Boss of footy at the RFC, and helps to set the club up medium term on field.

Balmey wont be going to the Crows imo.

Reactions: 3 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Rack off Crows! Balmy's home is at the Tigers and very comfortable there too.

Brimmy

Tassie Tiger
Apr 19, 2018
I agree with Craig,Balmeys come full circle,he’ll stay at Richmond while he still enjoys the Adrenaline rush,then put his feet up in retirement & reflect on a very successful career.