Neil Balme | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Neil Balme

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
WesternTiger said:
Grubby was in the pipeline for 18 months Baloo so don't think we can calm that one.

Shame, I was hoping Eddie had turned purple again

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I wonder if Balmey will continue with KB on Friday mornings.

Baron Samedi

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2016
Club doesn't want to get its hands dirty.

This appointment will become synonymous with the Hardwick decision whether the club wants it to or not.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Baloo said:
I wonder if Balmey will continue with KB on Friday mornings.
Geez I'd hope not. Balmeys fantastic on there when he's allowed to talk serious footy, KB just carries on like a child and stuffs the program. I wouldn't want our footy manager wasting his time with KBs dribble

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
Baron Samedi said:

This appointment will become synonymous with the Hardwick decision whether the club wants it to or not.

Very good call ! Time will tell

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
CC TIGER said:
Geez I'd hope not. Balmeys fantastic on there when he's allowed to talk serious footy, KB just carries on like a child and stuffs the program. I wouldn't want our footy manager wasting his time with KBs dribble

The counter is that Balmey can stop KB carrying on about RFC and taking him to account.

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
I reckon Chapman or James Kelly will become Assistants which would be a good start

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Dunno what if any influence FoF had on this but this a great day. We finally got the best in the business to a critical role. Welcome home Balmey.

Tiger Ghost

Tiger Superstar
Nov 19, 2010
Your mums house
Im excited by the coming home of Balme, But how do you know if you've been a Richmond supporter too long? The little voice in the back of your head saying have we grabbed after his best. Is he in decline and we've grabbed because he used too be the best :help

Anyway for now i'm glad to see the club has finally seen what everyone else has been saying for a long time, fingers crossed Balmey brings a bloody big stick with him :)

Welcome Home and Good Luck

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Baron Samedi said:

Not sure why. Dimma was reappointed 6-7 months ago

mad_tiggy911

Tiger Legend
Mar 30, 2009
Tiger Ghost said:
Im excited by the coming home of Balme, But how do you know if you've been a Richmond supporter too long? The little voice in the back of your head saying have we grabbed after his best. Is he in decline and we've grabbed because he used too be the best :help

Anyway for now i'm glad to see the club has finally seen what everyone else has been saying for a long time, fingers crossed Balmey brings a bloody big stick with him :)

Welcome Home and Good Luck

Concerned re this also. It's retirement for him after this so hopefully still puts in.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Bit of an indictment that we can only muster enthusiasm about an off field appointment. Still think we will be rubbish next year with Hardwick at the helm. Hopefully Balme helps push him out.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Baron Samedi said:

You are really struggling - drawing a long bow there to make any connection.

No matter how many more coaching/football personnel changes they make, nothing will assuage your negativity. Stewing in your over-cooked broth?

E

easy_tiger

two questions for those who know,

1. Is Balmey Dimma's boss? and,

2. How long was he at Collingwood, and what would Balmey's CV say he achieved at Collingwood?