Neil Balme | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Neil Balme

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
waiting said:
Baloo I like that.

We link arms and start moving towards them till we are a feet away.

Love it.

Would the AFL fine us.

Man that would cause a barney rubble style stouch first up!
I remember a few years ago in the AFL Cairns comp a premeditated brawl was started during the national anthem. Was so bad, the GF result was declared void.

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Baloo said:
Yeah, been thinking of the best response. They have this thing about not moving first. Need to screw that up. Maybe arms still linked walk in a line straight to the Adelaide boys until we're nose to nose. Or bring the two RFC and of the line in to form a circle. Or we just ignore it.

Dunno. I'm more interested in using their "thing" to put them off their game. Not worried that it intimidates us.

By responding to their little soldier at attention thing we are falling into the trap of worrying about what they are doing.

Just do what we have for the past two finals. Link arms then run off to position and don't two flying *smile* what they are doing.

kevbokev

Tiger Rookie
Jan 15, 2009
waiting said:
Baloo I like that.

We link arms and start moving towards them till we are a feet away.

Love it.

Would the AFL fine us.

Man that would cause a barney rubble style stouch first up!
Link arms, point, and laugh at how stupid they look. Maybe someone could whistle the Power Rangers theme tune.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Who cares what they do. Just like the coin toss, winning the 'longest stare' competition doesn't win you the game. Just do what we have to do once that first ball is bounced.

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
Who cares what Adelaide do. Such an overblown load of tripe. The media will seriously hype anything these days.
Don't buy into the *smile*.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
The points being missed. It's not what we have to do to respond to the challenge. They now have this mental trigger about not moving first. It is something they need to do. If we can find a way to take that away from them, get in their heads and make them feel they lost the first battle before even the first bounce, great.

Hell, I'd be wrapt with a Braveheart response, turn around and flash brown eyes at them just to make them think they lost the first challenge

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Who cares what they do - it's not going to make any difference to the game.

We could do a wombles dance - wiggles maybe - each player turn up with Big ted and slowly rip its arm off whilst watching the opposition

OR slowly do a strip where they slowly remove their canary yellow top to reveal the traditional tiger top underneath.

Ignore them I say

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Actually footy classified had a good suggestion. One bloke remains staring while the others go to warm up. See how long they stay in formation.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
They stand apart so we could easily march or job between them, not engaging in anything untoward but symbolically breaking through their line of defence effortlessly.

immorta

~~we are eternal all this pain is an illusion~~
Mar 31, 2005
Melbourne
I laughed out when I saw their coach in on it too on Friday night.

What a load of sh!te.

Ignore them and just keep doing what we've done the last two finals.

No distractions.

Or Dimma should just stroll over and *smile* slap Donny boy in the face, happy with either.