Neil Balme | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Neil Balme

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
TigerTribe5 said:
Just heard Balmie on SEN talking to KB.

He refused to discuss the Tigers draft requirements, who they were targeting, what type of player, etc, etc ....

At last some common sense - well played Sir Neil! :clap

KB also mentioned that it was Balme that was instrumental in getting Caracella to the Tigers.

Guess the media will just have to make up our trade rumours

tigerjoe

EAT 'EM ALIVE TIGERS!
Aug 24, 2003
Melbourne
So glad the club got the big bopper back to Richmond.

But why did it take the mugpies to give him the flick for him to come back?

Were we chasing him when he was at the handbaggers?

Nonetheless he is the mastermind behind 2017 I have no doubts whatsoever, from dimma changing his ways, Caracalla and Leppa instrumental, Cotchin and Martin having incredible years, Neil Balme certainly deserves a statue next to KB's.

Puntrd64

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
Came to us by a fluke but what a fluke! Thanks Collingwood for your inherent stupidity !!

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
puntrd64 said:
Thanks Collingwood for your inherent stupidity !!
Haaarrrgh. There was an article in the paper recently that Colonwood got rid of Balmey 'coz he was to nice. Of course we all know the theory that nice guys finish last.

So Balmey's to nice.
We all know that Cotchy's a very nice young man.
Dimma has to be way too nice, all his players love him.
So too do our nice polite Mr. CEO Benny n that really nice lady Peggy President.

Poor Colonwood, all they have is President purple helmet, some figjam, ructions n upheaval in their admin dept and a better list, just ask Adam.

I'm so pleased that the Tigers worked so hard to make us feel nice all year long.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Tigertough1974 said:
Woods were keen for him to stay and were creating a position for him, he was never moved on.....
Just like they did for MnM when he got pushed sideways for Figgy. Worked wonderfully well for them the first time they created something out of nothing, makes you wonder why they'd rush straight back in n try it again.
Kinda sweet when Colonwood's rubbish turns into our gold.

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
Tigertough1974 said:
Woods were keen for him to stay and were creating a position for him, he was never moved on.....
That's right, manager of setting up the Women's team. Great position, don't know why he'd pass on that one? :hihi

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Tigertough1974 said:

Yeah I think it was to look after the women's netball team.
Remember he was replaced by Grubby Allen who was later suspended by the AFL for shifty dealings when he was at the Giants.
Good one collwobblers lol. :clap :hihi

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
tigermike said:
That's right, manager of setting up the Women's team. Great position, don't know why he'd pass on that one? :hihi

He can work with our female team now ;D

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Good interview on "On The Mark".
At the end they asked him who he'd be barracking for when his working days are over and without hesitating he said the Tiges.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Has got common sense in spades, he makes sense whenever he talks.
The RFC certainly wouldn't want to lose Balmey and neither would i, but he would be the perfect person to sort out the mess that the AFL has created.

Of course it would only be after our four-peat :eek:

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Liked when they were bombarding Balmey with questions on Lynch and was it right that the Premiership team could possibly get the best free agent, as part of his response he said we owe it to our 100,000 members, (subtlety rubbing the mighty tiger army in the Faces of the AFL world).
Also when discussing who was the best Rioli, at the end he smiled and said their is another one on the way by the way ;D