Neil Balme | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Neil Balme

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
I wouldn't want to lose this guy or Blake.

Pivotal to who we have become now and our premiership in 2017.

Clubs circling Blake.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
caesar said:
Liked when they were bombarding Balmey with questions on Lynch and was it right that the Premiership team could possibly get the best free agent, as part of his response he said we owe it to our 100,000 members, (subtlety rubbing the mighty tiger army in the Faces of the AFL world).
Also when discussing who was the best Rioli, at the end he smiled and said their is another one on the way by the way ;D
I think the only reason there’s not a statue of balmey at punt rd yet is the fact we can’t afford that much gold

Tommy H

Tiger Champion
Apr 5, 2014
Balmey aint going nowhere. The RFC to him is like that big comfy couch you look forward to coming home after a hard days work and collapsing in with a cold beer.

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/fremantle-dockers/karl-langdon-tiger-neil-balme-a-fremantle-dockers-remedy-ng-b88954493z

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
Bernie said:
https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/fremantle-dockers/karl-langdon-tiger-neil-balme-a-fremantle-dockers-remedy-ng-b88954493z

Hahaha. Are they *smile* deluded? Langdon always was a flog.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Jonesracing82 said:
Doubt he'll ever leave Richmond
He is 66 years old as well.

I recall when he was interviewed by Mike Sheahan on Open Mike and he was asked about when he retires who will he barrack for and without a moments hesitation he said the Tigers. He is home now, it's where he played and where he is a premiership player.

You get the feeling he wants to be part of building a dynasty

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
The architect.

Exactly he is finally home and the circle is complete he will hopefully retire as a successful Tiger.

Bugger the Frockers.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
caesar said:
Liked when they were bombarding Balmey with questions on Lynch and was it right that the Premiership team could possibly get the best free agent, as part of his response he said we owe it to our 100,000 members, (subtlety rubbing the mighty tiger army in the Faces of the AFL world).
Also when discussing who was the best Rioli, at the end he smiled and said their is another one on the way by the way ;D

I love the way Balmey head @#$%$# the media :hihi

Broders

Tiger Superstar
Jul 29, 2012
I doubt Ross Lyon would want a Footy Manager that he couldn't intimidate or bully

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
He's 66. When he does decide he can't be arsed going to work every day I'd slide him straight into a board seat. Hopefully not for a while yet.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Balmey is a Richmond person and legend who looks very happy to be back home, i can't see him going anywhere soon.

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
tigerman said:
Balmey is a Richmond person and legend who looks very happy to be back home, i can't see him going anywhere soon.
At the AGM at the end of 2016 after we’d just appointed him and a long tensioned filled evening of robust discussions I walked past him as he was getting into his Jeep to leave and I was gonna say welcome home Balmey but chickened out but I still caught his eye and I reckon he knew what I was thinking and he just nodded at me, smiled and said g’day.

I loved him in his playing days and was so rapt he finally came home and just knew success would follow.