Neil Balme | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Neil Balme

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
tigerman said:
Should build a statue of the great man.

Agree.

Tenacious Tiges said:
I loved him in his playing days and was so rapt he finally came home and just knew success would follow.

Same here. I've never seen him live, but the ruthless way he played shows in our game now.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
The Mole said:
If we win it again this year he may well hang up the boots.

I always thought his 3 year contract at Richmond would just about see him through to retirement. If that is the case, I hope he is grooming his replacement.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Was watching Eggs' jumper presentation and what a happy bloke Balmey looked which got me thinking. ...
Has it been mentioned anywhere that he's sticking around longer than the 3 years he initially said he'd be in the job for and if not has he got a sidekick?
As they say.... no one's irreplaceable, but, whilst we're still a chance of further success, having Balmey running the show brings a certain calmness to the joint!
In Balmey We Trust :)

Reactions: 2 users

eddazol

Tiger Superstar
Sep 22, 2014
he spoke at the gold coast supporters function and was excited for the egg

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Balme is a top bloody operator, and a definite catalyst for the change in fortunes of the RFC

Reactions: 1 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Personally can't see him leaving, especially while we are in contention. He's a big part of it & deserves to be a part of it in the future.

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I've said it before, when he retires he should be parachuted straight onto the board.

Reactions: 3 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Wouldn't mind Balmey filling a slot on our board sometime in the future, he's done pretty much everything else that can be done in footy.
When Balmey decides to move on from being footy manager I'd hope we have a serious look at both Bondy and Weiner Campbell to replace him.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Wouldn't mind Balmey filling a slot on our board sometime in the future, he's done pretty much everything else that can be done in footy.
When Balmey decides to move on from being footy manager I'd hope we have a serious look at both Bondy and Weiner Campbell to replace him.
Like the idea of Wayne Campbell. ..... gives us a better opportunity of ransacking the giants high end talent after a few years in the system.
For the moment tho...... do we actually have a designated 2ic footy manager?

Bones17

Tiger Rookie
Jul 11, 2010
The Pines
Happy BIrthday Neil.
KB on SEN introducing Neil, welcome to the Worlds greatest Football Operation Manager.
In Neil we trust.

Reactions: 5 users

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
From the archives: Balmey's first birthday....

iu

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Happy Birthday Balmey.

Keep forgetting he was a Melb coach everytime I watch those old 90s games on Fox Footy.