Neil Young at Myer Music Bowl | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Neil Young at Myer Music Bowl

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Has anyone been to a concert at the Sydney Myer music bowl? I've never been there and was wondering what it's like?

I love Neil Young, esp his earlier stuff, but after his last concert I swore I'd never pay to see him again. The open air aspect of this concert at the music bowl appeals to me though.

The last concert I went to was an outdoor one. Jackson Browne at winery at Coldstream. The casual atmosphere, not to mention the picnic baskets and wine, was awesome.

Has anyone had any experiences at the Music Bowl to give opinions about it as a concert venue?

tiggytam

Welcome to Tigerland
May 1, 2003
Melbourne
I went to see Carlos Santana at the music Bowl Rosy, it was great (that could have something to do with the master himself ;D) but it got very cold and that was in February I think (my mind plays tricks on me so the date could be wrong) I sat undercover cos I am a sook if it rains.

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
Rosy, When I was a young tack, I used to go to carols there every year. The closer you get to the stage, the better the acoustics. Our family started off as tree people and then eventually moved closer to the stage year by year but we never quite got into the seating section. I guess you could say that was when our evolutionary process was halted by burly security guards and the prohibitive cost of seating tickets. ;D

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Thanks tiga. I decided not to go to the concert. I'll just put my scratchy old Harvest and After The Goldrush records on the turntable and think of other days. ;)

Actually one thing that decided for me was I bought the new Neil Young cd and though I admit I haven't given it a fair listen yet it seemed really bland to me.

I have two cultural events I am in waiting for.

The Eagles concert and the release of the Red Dwarf movie.....oh yeah make that three...... Lord of the Rings 3 on boxing day.

Such a hectic social life I lead these days, ha. ;D

tiga

Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
The Eagles would be great to see in concert. I loved the live version of Hotel California. Great Muso's and great harmonies

Did anyone hear the live version of Cry me a River performed by Cold Chisel in the MMM studios yesterday?? It was absolutely brilliant!!!

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I've read that the Eagles will tour early next year Dean. Possibly March, but there aren't any confirmed dates yet.

Then again it was announced a few months ago that they'd be here in October this year too so it's just a matter of wait and see I guess.

Tiga what is the live version of Hotel California a video/dvd?

tiga

Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
Rosy, A friend of a friend has it as an MP3 so I'm not sure of it's origin but it sounds great. This friend of a friend might be able to send it to you if you like. ;)
Just let me know and I'll see if I can contact him. ;) ;)

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I am oficially letting you know tiga. Sounds like a good friend to me. ;)

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Actually my son bought me the video of The Hell Freezes Over concert a while ago and it opens with a live version of Hotel California. Maybe that's the one.

Have it playing now. I'm not usually a big fan of music videos but the Hell Freezes Over one is pretty awesome and I'd reccommend any Eagles Fans indulge themselves and buy it. (or get their lovely son to send it as a surprise pressie :) )

tiga

Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
Actually Rosy, I spoke to this friend of a friend and he's pretty sure it's the same one. Would you still like me to send him your regards on the weekend or have you already got enough friends ;)

RFC4eva

Tiger Rookie
Oct 15, 2003
Vic
A red dwarf movie :eek:. Do you know when it is due for release Rosy?

Love this show! The books aren't bad either ;D

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
There are always vacancies in my life for special friends tiga. Say hi to him for me for sure please. :-* ;D

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
RFC production for the Red Dwarf movie was held up because one of the cast (naughty Lister) was in jail, and also a bit of trouble raising finance.

Sci-fi Online reports that filming of the Red Dwarf film has been delayed.

Despite Danny John-Jules' comment to the site that filming on the movie would commence early in 2004, the project now looks set for a May 2004 start date.

This is the official statement from Grant Naylor Productions:

"Red Dwarf - The Movie may be shot in Australia. Preliminary design work is currently underway and shooting is slated for May 2004. Crewing up has not yet begun."

Will we ever see this movie? Keep checking Cult for further updates. Meanwhile, visit the BBCi Comedy Red Dwarf website.

I also read on another Red Dwarf website that the movie was due for release at Easter so who knows. Can't wait though.

tiga

Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
Unfortunately the Poms are renowned for starting things and never finishing them. Whilst I'm not a fan of the show (I thought it was a bit like Dr who on Crack), I hope for your sake's that they follow it through.

RFC4eva

Tiger Rookie
Oct 15, 2003
Vic
rosy3 said:
RFC production for the Red Dwarf movie was held up because one of the cast (naughty Lister) was in jail, and also a bit of trouble raising finance.

Do you know why Listy was in jail?