Netflix used to be *smile* but is pretty solid now | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Netflix used to be *smile* but is pretty solid now

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Mostly a waste of time. Any cult film I look for isn't there, no independent films. Over the last week I've searched Deathproof, Blow Up, They Live, Looper, Existenz. Nope on all counts. It seems to be all stuff I've seen or stuff I don't really want to see. Hyped to buggery and just isn't much chop. Tried it, gunna ditch it.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Re: Netflix is sh!t

tigersnake said:
Mostly a waste of time. Any cult film I look for isn't there, no independent films. Over the last week I've searched Deathproof, Blow Up, They Live, Looper, Existenz. Nope on all counts. It seems to be all stuff I've seen or stuff I don't really want to see. Hyped to buggery and just isn't much chop. Tried it, gunna ditch it.

Try Stan. And you need Netflix for House of Cards. And you need Stan for Better Call Saul.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004

Tried Presto and it was abominable. Got Stan & Netflix via my sons account as the second user so it's free and the only things I watch are Saul and 11/22/63.

They are disappointing platforms.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012

Getting into Netflix for something I don't normally watch - TV.

Master of None with Aziz Azari and Love by Judd Apatow are cracking Netflix-produced TV shows.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003

rosy23 said:
Our grandkids love Netflix.

Yep rosy, main reason we haven't canned it is my 4yo stepdaughter, good for kids. I'd like some more retro cartoon though for me 8-, she always wants me to watch with her.

Thanks carter I'll check those shows out.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003

Got Netflix with our new telly this week. Thousands of options but nothing seems to grab me. So far have watched one episode of call the Midwife, a David Attenborough doco and half an episode of Fawlty Towers. Guess i'm just out of the habit of watching telly. Maybe in winter while cosied in by the fire.

What is everyone watching? Any recommendations?

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne

Wouldnt know i dont have it or Presto or Stan or Foxtel.

I'm an outcast these days ;D

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003

Foxtel gave us their complete package for free for 6 months. All we watched is Richmond games. Decided to get rid of it.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003

Thanks Harry. Have never heard of it. Will look it up.

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003

I found it pretty useful in Japan for TV series. But it's not that great for movies.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004

evo said:
I found it pretty useful in Japan for TV series. But it's not that great for movies.
I pretty much only use it for movies (although they’re not all that great)