New 3 Year Deal For Benny Gale | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

New 3 Year Deal For Benny Gale

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
Considering we’re a football club first and foremost, presiding over three premierships has to be seen as her greatest achievement.

The other stuff is great but wouldn’t have the platforms required without the football element.
Yes/no , know where you are coming from Midsy
but a lot of that stuff is required for the existence of a Club these days
by doing them so well , and add in the Richmond Man program
we have made all people involved in the Club well grounded and appropriate for the times
and the inclusiveness certainly seems real at Punt rd
in the past 5-6 years we have had the Broad incident with the medal , Kebab gate and Stack breaking quarentine in WA
but they pale compared to De Goey , the trail of stuff done by Fevola , the whispers that came out of the kennel about their post 2016 premiership drug culture , Essendon and their win at all costs drug scandal , the way Collingwood handled the Trelor off loading ....
all these things erode club culture and can often be a huge distraction and drain on the day to day running of any club

so could we say that off that platform of harmony and clear focus premierships come ?

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Spot on, Zirtec!

Also our board rules need changing.

Why is Peggy leaving?
Because of a club rule or law?
Sorry, this is wrong.

If you have the best person in the job they should stay and not leave because of some regeneration attempt.
If it ain't broke...

I understand the downside of this like in politics eg the Russian dude, Vlad.
And just recently the China bloke.
Power hungry, etc. etc.

This does not apply to our wonderful Peggy.
Moving her on because she has reached the end of a specified term is just wrong.

A benevolent king / queen or benevolent authoritarian ruler can move things rapidly for a society or organisation. All good until the mad brother / despot comes next. Then you can’t change the rules back.

Maybe if you get a massive majority of members to vote to allow it to be extended you could try and get the best of both worlds.

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
A benevolent king / queen or benevolent authoritarian ruler can move things rapidly for a society or organisation. All good until the mad brother / despot comes next. Then you can’t change the rules back.

Maybe if you get a massive majority of members to vote to allow it to be extended you could try and get the best of both worlds.
I'd go further. No matter how good someone is, businesses need to evolve or that become stagnant. Peggy has been wonderful but at some point we'll need revitalization. I suspect Peggy would agree - she doesn't have anything left to prove or do.

Reactions: 1 user