New clash jumper - reversed strip | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

New clash jumper - reversed strip

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
i was arguing with a Collingwood supporter on Facebook the ther day (stupid of me i know) and he asked me what options are there for a Collingwood clash strip when they are black and white stripes? I laughed at him because its not for me to decide, but ultimately they need to accept that the stripes will have to go and an alternate colour will be needed.

They have the white jumper with black stripes and white shorts, and the black jumper with white stripes and black shorts. They are happy with either and either can be worn as a clash strip, depending on what the home team wears. It’s not difficult - the AFL just need to grow some balls.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
i was arguing with a Collingwood supporter on Facebook the ther day (stupid of me i know) and he asked me what options are there for a Collingwood clash strip when they are black and white stripes? I laughed at him because its not for me to decide, but ultimately they need to accept that the stripes will have to go and an alternate colour will be needed.
More black or more white. All contrast to the opposition team. It's not hard Scumwood.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I would have thought thinner black stripes against a team with a dark jumper and thicker black stripes against a team with a light jumper. Against Geelong I'd go for the mainly white jumper with thinner stripes. I suppose they could go for the prison bars a-la Port Adelaide against Geelong, would provide a contrast.

It really ain't that difficult.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
I would have thought thinner black stripes against a team with a dark jumper and thicker black stripes against a team with a light jumper. Against Geelong I'd go for the mainly white jumper with thinner stripes. I suppose they could go for the prison bars a-la Port Adelaide against Geelong, would provide a contrast.

It really ain't that difficult.

DS

The difficulty DS, is getting the idea through Eddie's thick skull.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Eddie did make one good point: there was absolutely no need for us to wear white shorts against Brisbane.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Eddie did make one good point: there was absolutely no need for us to wear white shorts against Brisbane.
The dark shorts white shorts thing should be binned. It's redundant now that the away team wear clash jumpers if they are too similar. Made no sense that we wore white shorts. Made no sense geelong wore dark shorts when their jumper was predominantly white and collingwood wore white shorts when their jumper was predominantly black.

Reactions: 1 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
They have the white jumper with black stripes and white shorts, and the black jumper with white stripes and black shorts. They are happy with either and either can be worn as a clash strip, depending on what the home team wears. It’s not difficult - the AFL just need to grow some balls.

don't you get it? both of Collingwood's jumpers clash with Geelong. They do not have a legitimate clash strip. Their clash strip should not have stripes and should have a different colour. Richmond doesn't have white in its colours but we wore white shorts on saturday, same with Essendon last thursday. So its not a new thing.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
don't you get it? both of Collingwood's jumpers clash with Geelong. They do not have a legitimate clash strip. Their clash strip should not have stripes and should have a different colour.
Nah, there's no clash imo when collingwood wear black shorts and geel white.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
don't you get it? both of Collingwood's jumpers clash with Geelong. They do not have a legitimate clash strip. Their clash strip should not have stripes and should have a different colour. Richmond doesn't have white in its colours but we wore white shorts on saturday, same with Essendon last thursday. So its not a new thing.

How about Collingwood borrow some of those flouro yellow shorts from their mates in the umpiring department, that would be a contrast with their opposition and they would blend in with the extra players they have on the ground already.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Nah, there's no clash imo when collingwood wear black shorts and geel white.

But Geelong shouldn't be wearing white shorts. as the designated home team, they can wear what they want and its up to the designated away team to wear a uniform that doesn't clash.

after the fiasco of our elimination final against Port in 2014, we corrected and created a more legitimate away kit. Its time for Collingwood to follow suit.

Jetboy

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 6, 2010
Melbourne.....sometimes Broome
How about Collingwood borrow some of those flouro yellow shorts from their mates in the umpiring department, that would be a contrast with their opposition and they would blend in with the extra players they have on the ground already.

DS
Haha......like it, however, could you imagine the free kick differential if that were to happen?.....diabolical!

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
But Geelong shouldn't be wearing white shorts. as the designated home team, they can wear what they want and its up to the designated away team to wear a uniform that doesn't clash.

after the fiasco of our elimination final against Port in 2014, we corrected and created a more legitimate away kit. Its time for Collingwood to follow suit.
I had to look that jumper up, had forgotten it (probably because I’d done my best to forget that game)

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Haha......like it, however, could you imagine the free kick differential if that were to happen?.....diabolical!

Diabolical . . . you mean business as usual when we (or anyone else for that matter) play the maggots favourite (+81 for 2019)?

DS

PS: yeah I know . . . Footscray o_O