New clash jumper - reversed strip | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

New clash jumper - reversed strip

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Dunno, we’d have to ask Ed which jumper we can wear....

Reactions: 1 user

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
I sort of expected us to wear our away jumper on Saturday as I've become so used to it.
Can't say I was a huge fan the 1st time we wore it. ......

When I see it now it evokes great memories and has me feeling confident and I've grown to love it!

Imagine if we were to make it, v the pies and we came out and said, we'll wear it. ....
That'd really *smile* with their head..... (and give us a couple more frees)

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
So the AFL made us wear our clash jumper in 17.

Ed believes they had a gentleman’s agreement with Frank Costa who no longer President of the Cats who can’t recall it.

Who runs the AFL?

Gill or Eddie?

Inconsistencies . Why are we not surprised.

Our club just rolls with punches while Eddie likes giving them think he and his club are above the AFL.

Just to remind Eddie.

RFC ARE the biggest club in the AFL not your Pies.

Please or please karma bus.

Somehow let us meet in the GF!!!

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
So the AFL made us wear our clash jumper in 17.

Ed believes they had a gentleman’s agreement with Frank Costa who no longer President of the Cats who can’t recall it.

Who runs the AFL?

Gill or Eddie?

Inconsistencies . Why are we not surprised.

Our club just rolls with punches while Eddie likes giving them think he and his club are above the AFL.

Just to remind Eddie.

RFC ARE the biggest club in the AFL not your Pies.

Please or please karma bus.

Somehow let us meet in the GF!!!

doesn't the AFL make the ultimate decision on whether clubs colours clash? they made the decision on the 2017 GF. So why would a "gentlemens agreement" between 2 clubs be at all relevant? Geelong gets to wear whatever they want being the designated home team and the designated away team has to wear something that avoids a clash. its not hard to work out.

Reactions: 1 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Agree with Ed. Collingwood should wear dark shorts and geelong white. The clash was due to the shorts mismatch. The home team wearing dark shorts is out dated and doesn't make sense when geelong are predominantly white anyway.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Agree with Ed. Collingwood should wear dark shorts and geelong white. The clash was due to the shorts mismatch. The home team wearing dark shorts is out dated and doesn't make sense when geelong are predominantly white anyway.

Geelong wear white shorts in home games a lot; even at Kardinia Park. Not sure why they didn't the other night.

Saladin

Better to fight for something than live for nothin
Oct 1, 2003
I don't understand the reticence of Collingwood to wear a clash strip. Talk about stupidity.

Soccer teams change their strip every year and clubs make $$$$ from the diehards buying a new shirt every year. How many strips have say Man U or Barcelona had in the last 20 yrs ?

Its a massive money making opportunity that they are missing out on.

Absolute idiocy.

But we are talking about Dumbwood and Eddie Mc Guileless...

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Geelong wear white shorts in home games a lot; even at Kardinia Park. Not sure why they didn't the other night.

they have over the years but they have clearly changed this policy in 2019. and so they should. the designated home team should be allowed to wear whatever they want and its the job of the away team to wear a uniform that doesn't clash. We changed our away jumper after the farcial situation of the 2014 elimination final against Port.

bowden4president

Stackman
Feb 19, 2005
Punt Rd
If you were ever going to let a team get away with a perceived clash a GF was it. So from that moment on, it should’ve been clear that all teams need to have an approved clash guernsey including shorts if required. The fact that Collingwood still doesn’t have that is ridiculous but not surprising.

The Lurker

In Victory We Thrive, Eat Em Alive
Nov 24, 2003
Melbourne
Eddie already posturing that Collingwood now the number 1 seed because they beat Cats, not sure what advantage that gives, but we finished 3rd so that should count i would hope, should we both make the last game of the year.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Eddie already posturing that Collingwood now the number 1 seed because they beat Cats, not sure what advantage that gives, but we finished 3rd so that should count i would hope, should we both make the last game of the year.

Geez he comes out with some crap. He tried that line on Saturday night after the game with Dermie. He tried to compare it with a tennis tournament where if a player knocks off the no.1 seed then he takes his place :rolleyes:

Dermie was diplomatic but the look on his face was: "WTF are you talking about Ed? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard."

Reactions: 2 users

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
I think it goes on round 23 ladder position

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015

Let em get ahead of themselves and argue about a shitty jumper that hasn't even got a bloody primary colour in it.
Meanwhile, hopefully we're just taking care of business!

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Who's the home team if we play brisbane in the final or coll play geel?

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Who's the home team if we play brisbane in the final or coll play geel?

I'm pretty confident that we are now the top ranked team and Scumwood are second ranked. Geewhinge and Bleatbane forfeited those positions by losing on the weekend.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
I am more than happy to play in our away strip - more than happy.

Eddie “full of it” everywhere, yesterday’s man.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Brisbane, Geelong based on R23 positions.

I'm pretty sure they get re-ranked during the finals depending on win loss YT. It makes sense that the 2 teams that go straight to the PFs are highest ranked. Granted I'm just using logic and not 100% sure.

If what you are saying is correct; would Geelong then be the home team against us if they win through to the PF?