New Social Club | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

New Social Club

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
We'll make a minimum $5 million profit this year and close to that again next year with new sponsors, members and merchandise.

I'd love to see the club buy a pub like the London, Vacluse or even the Royal Oak and turn it into a more accessible social club for the members.

BetterTigers

Tiger Rookie
May 21, 2011
I’d love a social club venue at Punt Road where you can watch the VFL side. The current MRC venue is great but you can’t actually see the oval.

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
King Kong said:
We'll make a minimum $5 million profit this year and close to that again next year with new sponsors, members and merchandise.

I'd love to see the club buy a pub like the London, Vacluse or even the Royal Oak and turn it into a more accessible social club for the members.
What's wrong with Mrc , perfect location, see where your coming from tho , I hope we invest in better ammenities at punt rd to capitalise on the numbers we get there , don't need a pub in Richmond that's counter productive

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
A pub u can access 18 hours a day 7 days a week.

MRC is only open on game days and special functions

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Bring it back to its glory days when it was about the only venue in town to stay open until 6am. Then you had an hour to stumble down to the Waterside for the 7am opening.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
King Kong said:

here here. could not agree more. no pokies. draped in yellow and black with heaps of memorabilia. accessible for away games. food and drink discounts for members. perfect.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Ian4 said:
here here. could not agree more. no pokies. draped in yellow and black with heaps of memorabilia. accessible for away games. food and drink discounts for members. perfect.

How good would that be.

A pub in Richmond that gets turned into a members temple for all away games. Free entry for all members with discounted food and drink. Numbers alone would ensure it turns a healthy profit.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Ian4 said:

Build it and they'll come

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
King Kong said:
How good would that be.

A pub in Richmond that gets turned into a members temple for all away games. Free entry for all members with discounted food and drink. Numbers alone would ensure it turns a healthy profit.

Yes I also think this is a no brainer. It must imbrace Richmond Football Club members. Owning pubs like Collingwood did and trying to cater for all people won’t work. They lost millions on their pub ventures.

MB78

Sep 8, 2009
BetterTigers said:
I’d love a social club venue at Punt Road where you can watch the VFL side. The current MRC venue is great but you can’t actually see the oval.

I think an uncover bar beside the grandstand should be a must. Nothing too fancy only used on game days.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
MB78 said:
Yes I also think this is a no brainer. It must imbrace Richmond Football Club members. Owning pubs like Collingwood did and trying to cater for all people won’t work. They lost millions on their pub ventures.

Yeh but they were in Sth Melbourne so was never going to work.

One in the heart of Tigerland with a direct link to the RFC is a license to print money

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
KnightersRevenge said:
Don't the Pies have their own bar in the Ponsford stand?

and this is where we missed the boat to some extent. not only do Collingwood have their own social club in the Ponsford stand, but Collingwood members get rights to their reserved seats in the Ponsford in all games (home and away). we will probably end up with more members than Collingwood next year, but they ended up negotiating this deal at the right time (when half the MCG was being rebuilt) and took full advantage of that.

MB78

Sep 8, 2009
Ian4 said:
and this is where we missed the boat to some extent. not only do Collingwood have their own social club in the Ponsford stand, but Collingwood members get rights to their reserved seats in the Ponsford in all games (home and away). we will probably end up with more members than Collingwood next year, but they ended up negotiating this deal at the right time (when half the MCG was being rebuilt) and took full advantage of that.

I hope as a club we are revising what we expect from the MCC. We should be now on the same terms as Collingwood.

I’m not looking for a bar at the MCG as we want it for when we also play interstate. Are we able to have a chat with tennis Australia and build a new joint venture establishment? Or join forces with Melbourne City to have a Yarra Park sporting club (pub)?

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
MB78 said:
I hope as a club we are revising what we expect from the MCC. We should be now on the same terms as Collingwood.

I’m not looking for a bar at the MCG as we want it for when we also play interstate. Are we able to have a chat with tennis Australia and build a new joint venture establishment? Or join forces with Melbourne City to have a Yarra Park sporting club (pub)?

not sure if you're trying to get a bite out of me by mentioning Melbourne City, but essentially I agree. we need a Richmond pub. And we have the money to do it now.

MB78

Sep 8, 2009
Ian4 said:
not sure if you're trying to get a bite out of me by mentioning Melbourne City, but essentially I agree. we need a Richmond pub. And we have the money to do it now.

Not trying to get a bite. I just think we need to broaden our appeal and share it with a summer sport.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
MB78 said:
Not trying to get a bite. I just think we need to broaden our appeal and share it with a summer sport.

disagree. it should be a RFC pub/club and a RFC pub/club only. By all means you can open it during the summer months for other sports fans to make some money, but it should be exclusively Richmond owned and run.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
There's a rumour circulating that there are plans to demolish (not sure if fully or partially i.e. preserving some facade or whatever) the JD stand and rebuild a modern grandstand. Will be a delicate decision but has lots in favour including much greater capacity with maybe 2/3 levels and new facilities including bar.

Remember how Benny Gale jumped in with his own proposal for the re-development of PRO when Eddie the Mouth was spruiking for a whole new stadium right next to the Holden Centre!

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
leon said:
There's a rumour circulating that there are plans to demolish (not sure if fully or partially i.e. preserving some facade or whatever) the JD stand and rebuild a modern grandstand. Will be a delicate decision but has lots in favour including much greater capacity with maybe 2/3 levels and new facilities including bar.

Remember how Benny Gale jumped in with his own proposal for the re-development of PRO when Eddie the Mouth was spruiking for a whole new stadium right next to the Holden Centre!

Much as it has some history & carries nostalgia, the Jack Dyer stand isn't Heritige listed so I'd have no problem with them knocking the current one over & building a big shiny new Jack Dyer stand. What's more important is our home remains at PRO. Onwards & upwards.