News.com.au (???) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

News.com.au (???)

Sir

Tiger Superstar
Apr 23, 2004
Has anyone else noticed the News.com.au anti AFL campaign in recent weeks??

Don't get me wrong - news.com.au is junk media at it's worst - I only access it at work because it's free - if anyone can recommend a more reputable site please do so (and no - the ABC is not!) .............

When the AFL annnounced they were continuing the season news.com.au almost immediately led with a very critical opinion piece that slammed the AFL holistically (PS - it was a crud article which I regret reading)

They spent days trying to force the AFL to abandon the season - and today every article is aimed at criticising last nights game (and the decision to play). They even trot out Dave Hughes (Carlscum supporter) as evidence (eg give him platform).

Yes last night lacked atmosphere, yes it seemed (at times) like a practice game (except it isn't!) but why the full negative focus???

If you ever want a good example of crap media - read news.com.au

Otherwise (like me) try and identify a better source :)

Reactions: 1 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
The best and most complete source for all your football news is PRE.

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Has anyone else noticed the News.com.au anti AFL campaign in recent weeks??

Don't get me wrong - news.com.au is junk media at it's worst - I only access it at work because it's free - if anyone can recommend a more reputable site please do so (and no - the ABC is not!) .............

When the AFL annnounced they were continuing the season news.com.au almost immediately led with a very critical opinion piece that slammed the AFL holistically (PS - it was a crud article which I regret reading)

They spent days trying to force the AFL to abandon the season - and today every article is aimed at criticising last nights game (and the decision to play). They even trot out Dave Hughes (Carlscum supporter) as evidence (eg give him platform).

Yes last night lacked atmosphere, yes it seemed (at times) like a practice game (except it isn't!) but why the full negative focus???

If you ever want a good example of crap media - read news.com.au

Otherwise (like me) try and identify a better source :)

Try 'The New Daily' it's an on line alternative

Reactions: 1 user

Sir

Tiger Superstar
Apr 23, 2004
The best and most complete source for all your football news is PRE.
Thanks Antman

At first glance it might be an option - not a MAFS article in sight!!! (thank goodness!!!)

I'll give it trial - cheers

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
News.com.au is seperate to the Herald Sun from an editorial sense. They are anti everything except left wing causes. Total garbage