NFL & NCAA Football Threads | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

NFL & NCAA Football Threads

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Lol, be there with bells on. Winner shouts first!!
Will do !

In all seriousness, thanks to everyone for playing. Something to get us through the terrible off season doldrums. Good banter.

The NFL was like a soothing balm for the boring rash of crap Australian sport at this time of year. (Sorry T20 and B-league soccer fans…)

Best playoffs I can ever remember. Sensational.

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Will do !

In all seriousness, thanks to everyone for playing. Something to get us through the terrible off season doldrums. Good banter.

The NFL was like a soothing balm for the boring rash of crap Australian sport at this time of year. (Sorry T20 and B-league soccer fans…)

Best playoffs I can ever remember. Sensational.

Yep, the excitement and drama of future post seasons will always be compared to this one.

It truly was the theatre of sport at its best.

I kinda feel sorry for those who don’t get or appreciate NFL, but at the same time like that there’s this little community of like minded souls that do.

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Yep, the excitement and drama of future post seasons will always be compared to this one.

It truly was the theatre of sport at its best.

I kinda feel sorry for those who don’t get or appreciate NFL, but at the same time like that there’s this little community of like minded souls that do.
That community is getting bigger and bigger.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
And that’s great, let’s hope it gets so big that the NFL at least consider sending games down our way!
I reckon they will. If I was Cricket Australia I’d be worried about the quickly changing Summer landscape.

Mopsy

Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
I reckon they will. If I was Cricket Australia I’d be worried about the quickly changing Summer landscape.

Imagine a Boxing Day test match (day1) up against an NFL game at, let’s say, Sydney’s Olympic stadium on the same day.

I know which one I would move heaven and earth to attend.

The build up and excitement around the NFL game would just about render the cricket match irrelevant I reckon.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Cmon on down to Crown. Free beer and a jumping castle. Style !

( Fawcett is in the corner mumbling “where did it all go wroooong ?.”
Yeah, same words to a lot of bets and Tatts unfortunately.......bloody overtime.

Mopsy

Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane

I may be on my own here, but I’m glad he’s going around again.

I like Brady, not only is he a great (greatest?) player, but he seems universally liked and respected throughout the NFL world.

Losing a great QB like him means there is one less team challenging at the business end of the season, thus lessening the overall competition.

The only knock on him as far as I know is the deflategate controversy, and I personally think he was made a scapegoat in all of that.

Happy to be corrected on that one.

Reactions: 3 users

Mopsy

Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Finally sanity prevails.

Starting next season, in the event of a tie after regulation time expires, both teams will have a turn of possessing the football, even if a touchdown is scored by the team with first use of the football.

Only for post season games, but it's a very good start.

Reactions: 2 users

Mopsy

Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
A few notable player moves have already taken place this off season.

Tyreek Hill to Miami (I'm spewing!)
Matt Ryan to Indianapolis
Russell Wilson to Denver
Davante Adams to Las Vegas
Andy Dalton to New Orleans :rotfl2

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
A few notable player moves have already taken place this off season.

Tyreek Hill to Miami (I'm spewing!)
Matt Ryan to Indianapolis
Russell Wilson to Denver
Davante Adams to Las Vegas
Andy Dalton to New Orleans :rotfl2
Dalton on a 1 year contract as back-up......perspective.
Ryan, Wilson and Adams.....big moves! Good for the Broncos.
As for Hill....hmm....seachange?
Rodgers still at GB and Brady backflipping are the worst thoughts so far......
Garropolo still on the fence.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
The Tigers leading 6-2 snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in the 80th minute against the Titans, only the Tigers could do that.:mad:

Edit

Oops, wrong thread.

Last edited:

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Sad to hear that Dwayne Haskins who was the new Pittsbugh Steelers QB ready to take over from Roethlisberger died in a car accident at the age of 24.

Just can't believe how these happen so often.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Sad to hear that Dwayne Haskins who was the new Pittsbugh Steelers QB ready to take over from Roethlisberger died in a car accident at the age of 24.

Just can't believe how these happen so often.
31k road death fatalities in USA last year. I think the rate is about double that of Australia.

Having lived their for 6 years it’s an outcome of the focus on individual freedoms.

Red light cameras are banned, people flagrantly disregard drunk driving rules, everyone and I mean everyone goes 10mph over the speed limit and there are no speeding cameras and in Texas at least as a motorbike rider helmet wearing was something you can get out of.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
It’s unreal in the US. In many states they see speed cameras, speed guns, booze buses, helmets etc as an infringement on their civil liberties.

True story. About 5 years ago I was in Charleston South Carolina with some American friends who were from Atlanta but had lived in Charleston for years prior.

My buddy picked me and my partner up in a big GMC SUV. He had a big esky fixed into the centre of the car and connected to the cigarette lighter socket.

We drove around for hours from one pub to the next and drinking Buds from the esky throughout. I said to him, “so what’s the story with drink driving here ?” He said it’s crazy. There are no booze buses and the cops can’t breathalyser you either unless they have good reason. He said unless you are wandering on the road, speeding etc they can not breathalyse you and even then, you have to fail the sobriety test as well eg walk in a straight line, count backwards etc.

So, basically, he said you can drink as much as you like and only if a cop sees you breaking a law will you get pulled up. So otherwise just drive slow and steady, don’t wander, and you’re fine. Everyone does it in SC he said. That’s the way they do it there.

Unreal.