NFL & NCAA Football Threads | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

NFL & NCAA Football Threads

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
How is it the Cleveland Indians and Washington Redskins had to change their name, but the Kansas Chiefs name just rolls on ? Surprised they haven’t been pressured to change too.

I suggest the Kansas City Cows. The Steers. KC Beef ? Yeah …the KC Beef. The Beef !

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
How is it the Cleveland Indians and Washington Redskins had to change their name, but the Kansas Chiefs name just rolls on ? Surprised they haven’t been pressured to change too.

I suggest the Kansas City Cows. The Steers. KC Beef ? Yeah …the KC Beef. The Beef !
Hey! Leave my team alone!

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

Next on the list. Yanks are at it as we speak.

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021

I believe they are sticking fat with it because it was adopted indirectly. They were named the Chiefs honor of Kansas City mayor Harold Roe Bartle who was instrumental in relocating the team to Kansas City, Missouri. Bartle had been nicknamed as founder of a Boy Scouts honor camping society in which he was "Chief" Lone Bear.

But fans can't rock up to games with the headdresses and face paint anymore, the tomahawk chop been changed to a closed fist for the cheerleaders.

It will go, just a matter of time.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Good win to the Wolverines against the Boilermakers, and finishing #2 should meet the Frogs in the Fiesta Bowl on New Years Eve.

Looks like a Georgia v Michigan final playoff to me.

Reactions: 1 user

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane

In all seriousness I get what your saying, but fair dinkum for mine this political correctness has gone too far.

Just bowing down to a minority who have nothing better to do than be outraged by a nickname.

Where does it all end? Does Richmond lose their nickname because of the Tamil Tigers?

Or does it only count if any injustices occurred in the country with a team with that particular nickname?

I’m fed up with all this, but I may well be a dinosaur past his used by date who knows no better.

I‘m just a punter who thinks nothing of a teams nickname and it’s history in summary. Maybe that’s where my problem lies

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
In all seriousness I get what your saying, but fair dinkum for mine this political correctness has gone too far.

Just bowing down to a minority who have nothing better to do than be outraged by a nickname.

Where does it all end? Does Richmond lose their nickname because of the Tamil Tigers?

Or does it only count if any injustices occurred in the country with a team with that particular nickname?

I’m fed up with all this, but I may well be a dinosaur past his used by date who knows no better.

I‘m just a punter who thinks nothing of a teams nickname and it’s history in summary. Maybe that’s where my problem lies
Agree Mops. Sad way we live now. I still wonder how people with the Moreland surname are treated...