NFL & NCAA Football Threads | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

NFL & NCAA Football Threads

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
That was ballet and brutality in one play by McCaffrey, what a player.

49ers defence awesome, can they keep it up over a whole game?

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Game over :censored: Down to the 4th string QB, their first TD we should have challenged Devonta Smith catch, you could tell they knew it wasn't caught, they called a quick snap to beat any flag coming,. Their second TD too many penalties on the drive by 49ers, then another QB fumble and Greenlaw face mask, thought we could have held them for 3 and not conceded the third TD and 17-7 wouldn't have been too bad, but them's the breaks man, that's life, that's amore :whistle:

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Do we have a 5th string quarterback anywhere ? Can McCaffrey throw it as well ?

Ffs…
"Paging a Mr Joseph Montana, Mr Joseph Clifford Montana. If you're in the building, can you report to the 49ers locker room. And bring Jerry Rice with U!!" :notworthy::LOL:

• Love

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
What a rubbish decision that was. It's the Richmond 49ers today. Getting killed by the flogs.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 1 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
Weak game, soft penalty, how the hell can't you even touch a punters leg for crying out loud!! :censored:
No different to the AFL go low rule right? Trying to prevent knee recos - but then again we are allowed to smother. The rule is the rule though so you need to know it.

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
No different to the AFL go low rule right? Trying to prevent knee recos - but then again we are allowed to smother. The rule is the rule though so you need to know it.
He got pushed into his lower leg/foot by 89 :confused: There's blokes pushing blokes around left, right and centre, if 89 doesn't push him forward, he's probably going to tap his toes at worst or miss him completely at best. Just IMO anyway :LOL:

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
He got pushed into his lower leg/foot by 89 :confused: There's blokes pushing blokes around left, right and centre, if 89 doesn't push him forward, he's probably going to tap his toes at worst or miss him completely at best. Just IMO anyway :LOL:
Have to see it again. All I saw was him going for a smother that had no chance of missing the kicker. Super dumb play. But maybe number 6 applied.

ROUGHING/RUNNING INTO THE KICKER

No defensive player may run into or rough a kicker who kicks from behind the line unless such contact:

1. is incidental to and occurs after the defender has touched the kick in flight
  2. is caused by the kicker’s own motions
  3. occurs during a quick kick or a rugby-style kick
  4. occurs during or after a run behind the line
  5. occurs after the kicker recovers a loose ball on the ground
  6. occurs because a defender is pushed or blocked (causing a change of direction) into the kicker
  7. is the result of a foul by an opponent

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Eventually the run was going to end, I never thought a 3rd string QB and especially a 3rd string Rookie QB was ever going to win a SB, it's pretty hard for someone to walk into a professional sport and just win it like that when Marino's and Kelly's didn't win it, when it took the Elway's and Young's like 10 years in the league to win one.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
So I found it. I’d say he got pushed (barely) but didn’t change direction. So dumb play as would have hit him even if he didn’t get lightly pushed.

It like a 3 point shot in basketball where defender has a play to block but is going to run into the shooter afterwards. Just don’t do it

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Thought this might happen. The spread was incredibly generous and was one of the best betting opportunities in a long time.

Oh well. Cmon Bungals.