NFL & NCAA Football Threads | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

NFL & NCAA Football Threads

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Yeh, you've been on the bunny the whole time. Would be a huge effort Moops but think you've lost your touch.

Would love to see Jinxley get the monkey off the back and prove the doubters wrong. Would make for a fascinating presentation ceremony and speech.
Well Jazzy once Dudford releases the Superbowl round of tips Team Ridley will be burning the midnight oil to pore over all the permutations and combinations to come up with the gold selections and bring home the bacon.

My debut NFL season has been a baptism of fire but I feel the wheel has turned in the Drofbardi. Finally selecting the line winners but these blasted over unders are causing some issues; as I expected they might :mhihi :mhihi

But if I can storm over the top for victory in the Superbowl round, you are correct the presentation ceremony will be one for the ages. Live streamed from Casa Dudford and not to be missed! :mhihi

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Yeah but you’re still excited about the Red Jacket at Drofgusta.

Only 10 weeks away. You better be preparing Moops…..
Absolutely! My favourite sporting event of the year!
I’m still a chance to be patrolling Amen Corner, casting an eye over the players and getting a march on the competition for that much sought after red jacket!
Might even pass on some inside tips to you for a small fee….

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Absolutely! My favourite sporting event of the year!
I’m still a chance to be patrolling Amen Corner, casting an eye over the players and getting a march on the competition for that much sought after red jacket!
Might even pass on some inside tips to you for a small fee….
You going ? Wow. Awesome.

I was supposed to be going to the US Open this year at LA Country Club but a number of operations this year have put paid to that.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

Mopsy

Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
You going ? Wow. Awesome.

I was supposed to be going to the US Open this year at LA Country Club but a number of operations this year have put paid to that.
Got tickets to Tues practice round again, offered em to anyone that wanted them but no takers.

Now seriously re-considering going again, I’ve also now got access to Friday and Saturday badges. I’m close to biting the bullet and doing it.

Shame about missing the US Open, but gotta look after your health. Always pretty loose the Open, seems to bring out the worst in American sports “fans” for some reason.

• Love

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Got tickets to Tues practice round again, offered em to anyone that wanted them but no takers.

Now seriously re-considering going again, I’ve also now got access to Friday and Saturday badges. I’m close to biting the bullet and doing it.

Shame about missing the US Open, but gotta look after your health. Always pretty loose the Open, seems to bring out the worst in American sports “fans” for some reason.
U been before, I'd go if I could afford it, 40 years watching the Masters, what a buzz it would be to be there, especially moving day Saturday :love:

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv

Friday and Saturday ? I’m going with bells on if that’s me !

Yes the US Open can get interesting. Depends a lot on location. It’s better since the USGA started selling it out to members, largely.

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
That Philadelphia mob, in any sport are hard to support or like aren't they, they got really big mouths!! So hard to support the 76ers, Eagles, Phillies, Flyers any of them man :cautious:

Los Angeles Chargers outside linebacker Joey Bosa got into a heated, expletive-laden argument with Philadelphia Eagles fans before watching his brother, Nick, play in the NFC Championship game for the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday.

The cell-phone footage was shot by one loud Eagles fan in the parking lot surrounding Lincoln Financial Field, where Joey was standing with a group of 49ers supporters.

'Bosa,' the Eagles fan exclaimed as he approached the elder Bosa brother.

'I'm just videoing you - the guy who's not f***ing playing today,' the Eagles fan said, in an apparent dig at the Chargers' recent playoff loss.

Bosa appeared to tell the cameraman to move along, but the harassment continued.

'How are those fines, Bosa?'
the Eagles fan asked, referencing a $55,000 penalty Joey was given for criticizing officials following LA's playoff loss to the underdog Jacksonville Jaguars.

'They're good because I can afford them because I'm f***ing rich, you broke b****,' Joey yelled. :ROFLMAO:

Many Eagles fans lived up to their reputation on Sunday, with some throwing eggs at the few 49ers supporters brave enough to attend the NFC title game.

Mopsy

Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
U been before, I'd go if I could afford it, 40 years watching the Masters, what a buzz it would be to be there, especially moving day Saturday :love:

Yep back in 2014, Tues, Wed, Fri and Sunday spent on course.

Part of a golf tour. 3 rounds at Pinehurst prior, and 3 rounds at local courses around Augusta when not at the tournament.

Very special. Lucky to have done it. Never forget walking onto the grounds for the first time. Dream come true, expectations exceeded.

Got my Tues practice round tickets this time around in the ballot the Masters committee run every year. Free to apply, pay face value if successful. $75 for practice round, $115 for tournament days.

They have their critics, but the ANGC can never be accused of ripping off their patrons.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

Mopsy

Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Friday and Saturday ? I’m going with bells on if that’s me !

Yes the US Open can get interesting. Depends a lot on location. It’s better since the USGA started selling it out to members, largely.

Only thing stopping me is a 2 week trip to Zambia in June. Fighting my conscience saying one trip is enough.

You’d think the US Open at LACC would be somewhat civilised, wouldn’t you?

• Wow

Mopsy

Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
That Philadelphia mob, in any sport are hard to support or like aren't they, they got really big mouths!! So hard to support the 76ers, Eagles, Phillies, Flyers any of them man :cautious:

Los Angeles Chargers outside linebacker Joey Bosa got into a heated, expletive-laden argument with Philadelphia Eagles fans before watching his brother, Nick, play in the NFC Championship game for the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday.

The cell-phone footage was shot by one loud Eagles fan in the parking lot surrounding Lincoln Financial Field, where Joey was standing with a group of 49ers supporters.

'I'm just videoing you - the guy who's not f***ing playing today,' the Eagles fan said, in an apparent dig at the Chargers' recent playoff loss.

Bosa appeared to tell the cameraman to move along, but the harassment continued.

the Eagles fan asked, referencing a $55,000 penalty Joey was given for criticizing officials following LA's playoff loss to the underdog Jacksonville Jaguars.

'They're good because I can afford them because I'm f***ing rich, you broke b****,' Joey yelled. :ROFLMAO:

Many Eagles fans lived up to their reputation on Sunday, with some throwing eggs at the few 49ers supporters brave enough to attend the NFC title game.

How good the Bosa retort, broke *smile* is comedy gold!

Yeah they have that boorish reputation, certainly nothing you would see from us civilised Chiefs fans.

All neutral fans get on board the Chiefs train. Choo Choo !!

• Love

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Only thing stopping me is a 2 week trip to Zambia in June. Fighting my conscience saying one trip is enough.

Hmmm. Not sure. LA crowd. Could see a lot of “uninformed” one-off punters attending.

Been to 3 US Opens. Oakmont, Congressional and Merion. Congressional in DC the crowds were ok. Oakmont in Pittsburgh and Merion in Phillie were interesting. As was the PGA at Medinah in Chicago.

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Yep back in 2014, Tues, Wed, Fri and Sunday spent on course.

Part of a golf tour. 3 rounds at Pinehurst prior, and 3 rounds at local courses around Augusta when not at the tournament.

Very special. Lucky to have done it. Never forget walking onto the grounds for the first time. Dream come true, expectations exceeded.

Got my Tues practice round tickets this time around in the ballot the Masters committee run every year. Free to apply, pay face value if successful. $75 for practice round, $115 for tournament days.

They have their critics, but the ANGC can never be accused of ripping off their patrons.
That's great, sounds like I'm in with a chance if I decide to go because in other news the NFL and the College mob sold out years ago and prices jumped from less than $500 to thousands now, and they used to have ballots but now it's corporate and teams split the rest :confused:
'93 got tickets on a group tour to the SB and Pro Bowl in Rose Bowl Pasadena, memory the ticket was $US175ish.
'96 won two tickets to SB, Pro Bowl, a week in Arizona and L.A. with a car and Disneyland tickets, reckon they were around $US250, have to find the tickets and have a look at them.
Re the '93 trip, I went in a ballot and managed to get two tickets to the College Rose Bowl final, it as we know was beginning of Jan but I couldn't go for a month until the SB, but I've got them un-used in a folder and might sell them one day if they're worth anything.

Tickets cost like $5K+ just for top deck stuff, ridiculous man :(

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021

:oops: Where you going Zambia, to see the gorilla's? :unsure:

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011

Yeah, that's *smile* behaviour.

I love my Eagles, but can't defend moronic behavior like that.

Commiserations on the game, Ricemagic.

Mopsy

Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Hmmm. Not sure. LA crowd. Could see a lot of “uninformed” one-off punters attending.

Been to 3 US Opens. Oakmont, Congressional and Merion. Congressional in DC the crowds were ok. Oakmont in Pittsburgh and Merion in Phillie were interesting. As was the PGA at Medinah in Chicago.

Would love to play Merion.

Strikes me as a course you have to think your way around. Big boppers no real advantage.