NFL & NCAA Football Threads | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

NFL & NCAA Football Threads

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Yes an interesting merry-go-round. Broncos were going in for Ryans big time, but like U, why you'd pick Houston with a QB whose a gamer (Playstaion gamer not a gamer on the field ;)) instead of reading playbooks.

At least with Russ in Denver you know there's something to work with. I like Jeudy and Sutton as WR's and Peyton did well with Brees, Colston and Graham.

Ahhh, Ryans played at Houston 2006-2011. There U go!! :eyes
Texans will pick up Young or Stroud in the draft this year as starting QB. They have good draft picks over the next few years in addition to last year and this year after the Watson trade and with salary cap room in a reasonable position to rebuild over the next few years. They gave Ryan's 7 years, so he has plenty of time.

Broncos are a broken team with a big division in the playing group courtesy of the perks given to Wilson who showed just how average he is in an underperforming team this year.

Ryans made the right call.

Reactions: 1 user

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011

Hard to see it happening Redfoot.

First, Green Bay are going to want at least a 1st round pick, which the Niners don't have, nor do they have a second. Maybe a future 1st?

Also, going to have to take on Rogers 50mil a season contract, and I doubt the Niners have that space available in their salary cap.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Hard to see it happening Redfoot.

First, Green Bay are going to want at least a 1st round pick, which the Niners don't have, nor do they have a second. Maybe a future 1st?

Also, going to have to take on Rogers 50mil a season contract, and I doubt the Niners have that space available in their salary cap.
Hmmmm. So you’re saying….

1675320508871.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Texans will pick up Young or Stroud in the draft this year as starting QB. They have good draft picks over the next few years in addition to last year and this year after the Watson trade and with salary cap room in a reasonable position to rebuild over the next few years. They gave Ryan's 7 years, so he has plenty of time.

Broncos are a broken team with a big division in the playing group courtesy of the perks given to Wilson who showed just how average he is in an underperforming team this year.

Ryans made the right call.
Yeah I have faith Ryans should do a good job, he's a leader, you hear it wherever he pops up, so I have no doubt IF he's at the right place he can do a good job. It's just HOUSTON!! Never seen anything good come out of there - NFL/NBA/CIA/Apollo (Bay), it's still got that name attached to it - Houston :(

Ryans - Went to Alabama, special teams and backup linebacker first year. Improved every year, to the extent he became SEC'S Defensive Player of the Year in 2005, named the 2006 Cotton Bowl defensive MVP in a 13-10 win over Texas Tech, wins the Lott Trophy for combination of athletic excellence and off-the-filed achievements, first team All-American. NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year for Houston in 2006 season.

Just a winner and a good all-round great guy. I honestly hope he does well there, it would be good to see a different cities name up in lights other than NY/Boston/LA/San Fran/Miami teams.

Re Russ, lot's of stories about the ego, might have learnt a little bit of humbleness from this season, we'll see what him and Payton (Sean ;)) do together.

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
49ers last couple of Defensive Head Coaches

Robert Salah
1675562296650.png

Demeco Ryans
1675562323403.png

Chris Harris - Has to be the favourite for the job as he has the main criteria :unsure: HE'S BALD ;):LOL:

1675562523470.png

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Yeah I have faith Ryans should do a good job, he's a leader, you hear it wherever he pops up, so I have no doubt IF he's at the right place he can do a good job. It's just HOUSTON!! Never seen anything good come out of there - NFL/NBA/CIA/Apollo (Bay), it's still got that name attached to it - Houston :(

I have a soft spot for the Texans. When I started watching NFL I followed the Oilers because they had Warren Moon at QB. Amazing story considering black QBs were rare at that time.

I lost interest when the Oilers packed up and went to Tennessee, and although a new franchise. don't mind the Texans. Watts, Watson and Hopkins were all good to watch when up and running.

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
I have a soft spot for the Texans. When I started watching NFL I followed the Oilers because they had Warren Moon at QB. Amazing story considering black QBs were rare at that time.

I lost interest when the Oilers packed up and went to Tennessee, and although a new franchise. don't mind the Texans. Watts, Watson and Hopkins were all good to watch when up and running.
Yep like I said in my other line - "I honestly hope he does well there, it would be good to see a different cities name up in lights other than NY/Boston/LA/San Fran/Miami teams."

It would be great to see a Houston challenge, maybe Carolina are on the way, Buffalo and CIncy looking good for the future - the Brady's, Rodgers, Roeth has gone, Brees has gone, Russ is old, we might get a change and some smaller cities win a Super Bowl.

Minnesota are 0-4, Buffalo are 0-4, Cincinnati are 0-3, Carolina 0-2, Atlanta 0-2, Chargers in San Diego 0-1, Houston 0-1.

Go to the top of the SB chain chain and it's really Pittsburgh and Green Bay batting for the smaller cities. Boston/Dallas/San Fran/NY Giants/Washington (Capital city man :D)

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
When does the NFL schedule get released ?

With a bit of luck I might be in Las Vegas in August-September when the Ray-duh’s are playing at Allegiant Stadium. Or even San Francisco late August.

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
When does the NFL schedule get released ?

With a bit of luck I might be in Las Vegas in August-September when the Ray-duh’s are playing at Allegiant Stadium. Or even San Francisco late August.
It used to be mostly 7-9 days before the draft, then a few recently have been moved to two weeks after the draft.
2023 NFL Draft is Thursday, April 27-29, so most likely the draw will be released between April 18 - May 10, 2023.

Picking four home games from Vegas and San Fran, hopefully when you go you see 1-2 of these man :eyes

Raiders Home Games - Broncos, Chiefs, Chargers, Patriots, Jets, Packers, Vikings, Steelers, Giants

49ers Home Games - Cardinals, Rams, Seahawks, Cowboys, Giants, Ravens, Bengals, Buccaneers
Niners - Cowboys a must man!! :bash:LOL:

Week 1 will be 8-11 Sept our times. Hall of Fame game kicks off the pre-season August 3, then 3 practice rounds and a two week break for the Week 1 games.

Last edited:

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
It used to be mostly 7-9 days before the draft, then a few recently have been moved to two weeks after the draft.
2023 NFL Draft is Thursday, April 27-29, so most likely the draw will be released between April 18 - May 10, 2023.

Picking four home games from Vegas and San Fran, hopefully when you go you see 1-2 of these man :eyes

Raiders Home Games - Broncos, Chiefs, Chargers, Patriots, Jets, Packers, Vikings, Steelers, Giants

49ers Home Games - Cardinals, Rams, Seahawks, Cowboys, Giants, Ravens, Bengals, Buccaneers

Niners - Cowboys a must man!! :bash:LOL:
Tell them to hurry up Jerry !

I will still be seeing the SF Giants v the Atlanta Braves at AT&T Park anyway. Baseball is my favourite US sport.

• Love

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Tell them to hurry up Jerry !

I will still be seeing the SF Giants v the Atlanta Braves at AT&T Park anyway. Baseball is my favourite US sport.
You're there August 25-27 then, NFL last practice games will be that weekend, maybe a Niners game at home.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
This is it ! The final round of the prestigious 2023 Drofbardi Trophy. The last lap. The winning post in sight.

Whose life will change as Champion ? Will TigerForce do what St Kilda can’t and finally win something ? Can Moops do the double ? Is there a swamping charge from a swooper ? And of course, how far last will Jinxley finish when he inevitably bombs this week.

38 points up for grabs in the final week. Besides Jinxley, anybody could still win.

The single game spread selection is worth 8 points. Big biscuits. Tight frame. The 6 individual player props, which include QB passing yards this round, are worth 5 points each. 38 points in total. Here we go:

Chiefs (+1.5) v Eagles (-1.5)

Travis Kelce (Chiefs) over or under 79.5 receiving yards.
A.J. Brown (Eagles) over or under 72.5 receiving yards.

Isiah Pacheco (Chiefs) over or under 46.5 rushing yards.
Miles Sanders (Eagles) over or under 61.5 rushing yards.

Patrick Mahomes (Chiefs) over or under 292.5 passing yards.
Jalen Hurts (Eagles) over or under 238.5 passing yards.

TigerForce 32
King Kongkers 32
Mainlandy 26
Moopsy 25
Jinxley 25
Ricemagic 23
Redford 23
MD Jazz 21
Mycotchinrules 20
RoarEmotion 18
Marella Jube 16

Let’s go suckers !