NFL & NCAA Football Threads | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

NFL & NCAA Football Threads

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Funny, Niners two worst issues are the QB and the secondary. And the QB leads comebacks down 0-17 and 17-24 to win, and of course the secondary intercepts Stafford to save the win or even the Rams from tieing the game.
Crazy game.

There's no market for a Raiders v Chargers tie. :mhihi

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Funny, Niners two worst issues are the QB and the secondary. And the QB leads comebacks down 0-17 and 17-24 to win, and of course the secondary intercepts Stafford to save the win or even the Rams from tieing the game.
Should never have got to OT Ricer. We were running it down their throat in the second half and turned it over 20 yards out late in the 4th quarter when a simple run play was all that was required. A FG gets us the win in regular time just as it did in OT.

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Cardinals went from 7-0 in first 7 games and then 4-6. Lost the divisional title.
I keep banging on about running QB's, I'm not a fan, they tire out man. They run, they pass, they get hit, they run again, maybe a pass and at the same time they have to stay mentally in the game. So let's go to Kyler Murray and Arizona.

2019 season - started 3-3-1, finished last 9 games 2-7
2020 season - started 6-3-0, finished last 7 games 2-5
2021 season - started 7-0-0, finished last 10 games 4-6

So early season they are with the running QB 16-6-1, that's pretty good.
But in the second half of the season they are 8-18-0, that's not so good.

Maybe not all attributed to him, but definitely deserves a good percentage off it.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I keep banging on about running QB's, I'm not a fan, they tire out man. They run, they pass, they get hit, they run again, maybe a pass and at the same time they have to stay mentally in the game. So let's go to Kyler Murray and Arizona.

Maybe not all attributed to him, but definitely deserves a good percentage off it.
Agree. They have a short lifespan.

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Should never have got to OT Ricer. We were running it down their throat in the second half and turned it over 20 yards out late in the 4th quarter when a simple run play was all that was required. A FG gets us the win in regular time just as it did in OT.
There was still 7.55 left on the clock when they got the INT. We couldn't have wasted much time off the clock at that time off the game and where we had the ball if we ran it. Then they spent over 5 minutes to get the TD, we went nowhere the next drive, they went nowhere their next drive and we then equalised at 24-24 and they did nothing with 26 seconds left.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
There was still 7.55 left on the clock when they got the INT. We couldn't have wasted much time off the clock at that time off the game and where we had the ball if we ran it. Then they spent over 5 minutes to get the TD, we went nowhere the next drive, they went nowhere their next drive and we then equalised at 24-24 and they did nothing with 26 seconds left.
We should have just got the lead. No need to force that on third down. We had all the momentum. A pick, in the red zone, was the absolute last thing we needed with all that momentum.

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
We should have just got the lead. No need to force that on third down. We had all the momentum. A pick, in the red zone, was the absolute last thing we needed with all that momentum.
Yeah but as much as we don't trust Jimmy, I don't trust the secondary to hold out or Kyle much either. That's the third wildcard, Kyle goes to defensive when he should go for the throat!!

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Raiders are off to a good start. The French quarterback for the Chargers will have to get movin.

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
NFC Playoff Games - (Home teams first named)

Tampa v Philly
Dallas v 49ers :love:
Rams v Arizona

Green Bay - Bye

Be pretty rare for 3 teams from the same division to make the playoffs?

Wonder when it last happened?

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Be pretty rare for 3 teams from the same division to make the playoffs?

Wonder when it last happened?
Good question.

Since the change to 4 divisions per conference in the 2002 NFL season, this has happened 8 times, twice in the NFC East, three times in the AFC North, and once each in 3 other divisions. Now make it 9 times with the NFC West joining in.

Once they went to three wildcards a conference in 1991, it started happening a lot as there were only three conferences then, not four conferences like there is now.

There were even two instances where there were four teams from the NFC Central division in the playoffs, in 1994-95 and 1997-98. Check them out below!! Madddd :oops:

1641784657115.png

1641784735106.png

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
They have no idea what a catch is in America, one foot in bounds should be enough, they waste so many great catches getting called out because two feet aren't in play :rolleyes:

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017

Good obs. They are so exciting to watch, loved watching the dog fighter ply his trade. But they do get smashed up.

The best quarterbacks have the golden arm. And a great O-line.

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Any chance for a mini tipping comp through the playoffs @Redford similar to the golf thread Major comp?

Dunno how it would work. But that Drofder comp is a pearler.