NFL & NCAA Football Threads | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

NFL & NCAA Football Threads

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Both Niners games have been great to watch as a neutral.

Shows that games don't have to be high scoring to be entertaining.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane

I miss that a lot about sport, being a neutral observer.

But I have to bet on everything, don’t I :)

Took the niners at +5.5, so for 3 qtrs and 10 mins I kind of hated the game. Happy in the end though.

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021

Three games in a row now we've done it tough. All away from home as well. Next week will be away as well - Maybe LA, maybe Tompa? :unsure:

Week 18 at LA Rams. Down 17-0, fight back to 17-17. Go behind again 24-17, equalise with 26 seconds left. Then in overtime kick a field goal to go up 27-24 and stop Rams response with an interception to win the game.

Divisional Playoff at Dallas last week. Up early 13-0, we go to sleep this time, they come back a little, we lose the plot, the fourth quarter starts with us up 23-10 and they score to make it 23-17. And then Dak doesn't do what the Niners did in the last minute today, no he runs out the clock and stuffs it up when he could have won the game.

And then today. No idea how we won that one. Texted my young bloke before the most unlikely, undeserving win I've ever seen the Niners get in my time following them. 40+ years now....

Maybe three 'No idea how we won games in a row'. Wow!! o_O

Reactions: 2 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Funny how on the broadcast before the game they were quoting Rodgers as saying this was his favourite ever season. Wonder if his opinion has changed? :LOL:

• Haha

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Funny how on the broadcast before the game they were quoting Rodgers as saying this was his favourite ever season. Wonder if his opinion has changed? :LOL:
I watched the Niners after-game press conference and lots of dudes in the room were saying "Go to the Packers one for a laugh, Rodgers ain't happy' :LOL:

1642912132792.png

meownotroar

Tiger Cub
Nov 6, 2009
Three games in a row now we've done it tough. All away from home as well. Next week will be away as well - Maybe LA, maybe Tompa? :unsure:

Week 18 at LA Rams. Down 17-0, fight back to 17-17. Go behind again 24-17, equalise with 26 seconds left. Then in overtime kick a field goal to go up 27-24 and stop Rams response with an interception to win the game.

Divisional Playoff at Dallas last week. Up early 13-0, we go to sleep this time, they come back a little, we lose the plot, the fourth quarter starts with us up 23-10 and they score to make it 23-17. And then Dak doesn't do what the Niners did in the last minute today, no he runs out the clock and stuffs it up when he could have won the game.

And then today. No idea how we won that one. Texted my young bloke before the most unlikely, undeserving win I've ever seen the Niners get in my time following them. 40+ years now....

Well coached by osmosis, Condoleezza.

Mopsy

Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane

It’s the true beauty of the NFL

Any given Sunday never been so apt.

• Love

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
It’s the true beauty of the NFL

Any given Sunday never been so apt.
Yep, they get many closer games than most overseas sports without a doubt. In the big games!! Have many rubbish franchises but some of the Super Bowls are within inches of going the other way (y)

Was it the Rams-Titans one with the tackle millimetres from a try, and the Malcolm Butler game for the Patriots-Seahawks.

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
QB Touchdowns - Divisional Round
Tannehill - 1
Burrows - 0
Garoppolo - 0
Rodgers - 0
QB Touchdowns - Total - 1

What were the odds on Tannehill being the only QB so far to throw for a TD? :oops:

Reactions: 1 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Yep, they get many closer games than most overseas sports without a doubt. In the big games!! Have many rubbish franchises but some of the Super Bowls are within inches of going the other way (y)

Was it the Rams-Titans one with the tackle millimetres from a try, and the Malcolm Butler game for the Patriots-Seahawks.
NFL much better than cricket over the Summer.

Mopsy

Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
QB Touchdowns - Divisional Round
Tannehill - 1
Burrows - 0
Garoppolo - 0
Rodgers - 0
QB Touchdowns - Total - 1

What were the odds on Tannehill being the only QB so far to throw for a TD? :oops:

wow hadn’t picked up on that, pretty amazing.

my man Mahomes will show em how it’s done tomorrow.

However another game in predicted freezing temperatures has me concerned.

And Tanerhill threw, what, 3 interceptions??

Mopsy

Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane

It’s a real game of inches, whether it be Rd 1, play offs or super bowls.

Take that interception of Burrows today. I would have bet anything that ball touched the ground and would be called an incomplete pass.

So close to being the game changing play.

Last edited:
  • Sad

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
wow hadn’t picked up on that, pretty amazing.

my man Mahomes will show em how it’s done tomorrow.

However another game in predicted freezing temperatures has me concerned.

And Tanerhill threw, what, 3 interceptions??
Ricemagic said:
QB TD's & INT's - Divisional Round
Tannehill - 1 TD, 3 INT
Burrows - 0 TD, 1 INT
Garoppolo - 0 TD, 1 INT
Rodgers - 0 TD, 0 INT
Total - 1 Touchdown, 5 Interceptions

Wow!! o_O

Man if Brady, Allen or Mahomes win, they're having a big dinner versus 'spuds city quarterbacks' next weekend :mhihi

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
It’s a real game of inches, whether it be Rd 1, play offs or super bowls.

Take that interception of Burrows today. I would have bet anything that ball touched the ground and would be called an incomplete pass.

So close to being the game changing play.
They have no freaking idea over catches, my number one gripe with the NFL :cautious: Pay that one but a WR catches one in the 'air' near the sidelines and he has to slide both feet on the turf in play or it's not a touch.

Don't get me started (but you have ;)) on running your hand across the cone while you run out bounds or just crossing the plane!! While the WR in the end zone has to plant both feet in play doing little tippy toe ballerina moves. How many sick 'marks' (TD) could they get if you just had to catch it in the end zone and forget about feet positioning. They make them look like ballerinas. They're crazy :mad: