NFL & NCAA Football Threads | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

NFL & NCAA Football Threads

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
So many dramatic finishes. This working from home thing is ok. Do ten minutes work then watch one play. Rinse repeat.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
So many dramatic finishes. This working from home thing is ok. Do ten minutes work then watch one play. Rinse repeat.
No different than working in an office where you start with coffee chats in the kitchen, get to your desk, some dude comes past and chats for 20, he leaves, someone else asks a question working in front of you, next to you or behind you, and you spend 30 seconds answering it and you ALL spend 10-20 minutes talking about other things, rinse repeat for the whole day!!

Reactions: 3 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
You've always rated them highly ! :)
Yeah. Let’s see what they do for the entire game.

Garoppolo….almost an int. As Aikman said, he just has trouble reading what’s in front of him. Threw that right into tight coverage again.

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Tyreek Hill pass receiving yards +/- 77
He got 78!! :sneaky:

I was the only one with unders, where's that red flag? :unsure:
Ahh, Andy Reid ate it!! :sick:

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
I wonder what the Chiefs think now of the decision not to take the field goal right on half time?

I understand their thinking. Mahomes on fire and the offence purring, chance to blow the lead out and virtually ice the game.

But IMO, if ever there was a game defining moment, this is it.

At 21-10, the Bengals still had life at the half when they could regroup and go to work.

At 24-10, conceding a score right on the half? Not even Burrow could have got them back from there I think.

Reactions: 3 users

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Totally agree, I'd always take the points on the board, game finished 24-24 then went to overtime, so they would have won 27-24 if it still panned out the same way. But they may have forced the Bengals if they were down 24-10 at the half to create an interception or fumble in the third?? And then it could be 27-10, 31-10 maybe??

We'll never know now.

Reactions: 1 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Totally agree, I'd always take the points on the board, game finished 24-24 then went to overtime, so they would have won 27-24 if it still panned out the same way. But they may have forced the Bengals if they were down 24-10 at the half to create an interception or fumble in the third?? And then it could be 27-10, 31-10 maybe??

We'll never know now.

Bit of arrogance from Reid there do you think?

Got to admit, I admire teams that take the game on, which is what the Chiefs did in the first half.

For some reason, they just retreated in the second half.

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Bit of arrogance from Reid there do you think?

Got to admit, I admire teams that take the game on, which is what the Chiefs did in the first half.

For some reason, they just retreated in the second half.
They get seduced they have Mahomes, a Brady or a Rodgers. Take what's i nfront ofyou and move on. Just my opinion anyway :giggle:

Mahomes shaping up to be a Rodgers, losing the BIG games lately. Could Burrows, Allen go past him? :unsure:

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Fascinating game tactically. The Rams are running it a lot which sort of helps us, but they’re doing it pretty well. Conversely, they’re doing pretty well against our run with most yards for the Niners coming off passes.

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
They get seduced they have Mahomes, a Brady or a Rodgers. Take what's i nfront ofyou and move on. Just my opinion anyway :giggle:

Mahomes shaping up to be a Rodgers, losing the BIG games lately. Could Burrows, Allen go past him? :unsure:

This is it in a nutshell.

When challenged, or under pressure, they revert to throwing the ball too much. Understandable when you have a talent like Mahomes. but it becomes too predictable and the opposition defence is able to set up for it.

Need to run the ball more, especially on 2nd and 3rd downs to keep the defence honest and guessing.

The odd screen play never goes astray too.

Today they were just too predictable.