NFL & NCAA Football Threads | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

NFL & NCAA Football Threads

U2Tigers

Tiger Legend
Nov 10, 2005
Adelaide
Re: NFL 2012-13

I thought the Patriots game was funny.

It was like they were tanking, neither of the teams wanted to win it LOL

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia

Both sides in the Bemgals v Browns game made our Tigers look like master tacklers.

I cannot recall seeing so many big plays involving so many missed tackles. Made for great highlights.

Col.E.Kurtz

Tiger Legend
Apr 4, 2005

Jay Cutler is the Luke Mcguane of quarterbacks. Just good enough to best your best option, not good enough to help you win.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

It's not WTF but more like HTF did the Steelers lose this one to the Dudland Raiders!!! Outscored us in the last quarter.

Sometimes this team's got Richmond all over it with penalties and fumbles. Bloody hell.

Geez.... talk about a round of upsets. Especially with Arizona at 3-0.

SfB_AkA._DeLiCiOuS

Tiger Legend
Mar 12, 2004
East Melbourne

TigerForce said:
It's not WTF but more like HTF did the Steelers lose this one to the Dudland Raiders!!! Outscored us in the last quarter.

Sometimes this team's got Richmond all over it with penalties and fumbles. Bloody hell.

:hihi Tell me about it!
9ers drop a game against the Viking ffs, upsets all over the place so far this season.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

Jukes Extended said:
:hihi Tell me about it!
9ers drop a game against the Viking ffs, upsets all over the place so far this season.

Moss and Gore were well held by the Vikings but there are a lot of questions with these amateur refs at the moment.

This season is shaping into the evenly balanced AFL season from what I can see.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

Heh heh......Baltimore crowd chanting out '*smile*' against a ref decision....but not as good a chant as the Tiger Army do with that word. ;D

Great close game between the Ravens and Pats.

What a controversial finish for the Ravens to come back and win.....and we have trouble with reviewing the ball above the posts...geez.

Stoobes

Tiger Rookie
May 24, 2005

How about the last decision today?! What a howler!
This could be the game that forces the NFL to concede to the refs.
No hiding from that on the big stage with everyone watching MNF.

What a crazy season it's been already, NFC West suddenly looking much tougher for the 9ers but hopefully that was just a small blip on the radar .
Luckily the other big dogs are having shockers - Pats, Pitt, GB all 1-2 and the saints 0-3! Who could've predicted that!

Been a nightmare for the punters :help

SfB_AkA._DeLiCiOuS

Tiger Legend
Mar 12, 2004
East Melbourne

Stoobes said:
What a crazy season it's been already, NFC West suddenly looking much tougher for the 9ers but hopefully that was just a small blip on the radar .
Luckily the other big dogs are having shockers - Pats, Pitt, GB all 1-2 and the saints 0-3! Who could've predicted that!

Been a nightmare for the punters :help

Plus Arizona and Atlanta are undefeated! things will even out I reckon.

Stoobes

Tiger Rookie
May 24, 2005

Jukes Extended said:
Plus Arizona and Atlanta are undefeated! things will even out I reckon.

I'm a huge wrap for Atlanta, they're such a high powered offense.
If they can stay on the park I think they can go a long way.
Arizona is a massive surprise, but I tend to agree about it evening out soon.

The saints wouldn't want to lose another though.

Col.E.Kurtz

Tiger Legend
Apr 4, 2005

The lesson from the NFL season for all sports fans is that as bad as your think the referees might be, they can be much worse.

pahoffm

No one player is bigger than the club.
Mar 24, 2004

TigerForce said:

Watched the Steelers in the first couple of games.
It's not the same team, and Roethlisberger isn't the same player.

Reckon the Steelers might be heading towards early draft picks this season.

The last time the Steelers headed for early draft picks, they picked up a boy by the name of Ben R.............., yes, you guesses it!

U2Tigers

Tiger Legend
Nov 10, 2005
Adelaide

I have to admit, I am loving the College football. Foxtel coverage is excellent.

The crowds are just so involved, very passionate for the school. good veiwing.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia

U2Tigers said:
I have to admit, I am loving the College football. Foxtel coverage is excellent.

I remember many years ago when the ABC showed college football for a season. Was really good stuff, and I always thought it a shame they didn't continue with it.

They also showed some college basketball. I remember seeing a young Jalen Rose, Juwan Howard and Chris Webber playing for University of Michigan.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

U2Tigers said:

Yeah I love watching those games too. I always wished our high schools/colleges were that formal in football competitions. Even the girls can get involved with the cheerleading.

Great to see the Fighting Irish close to the Top 10 again.